Windows 10: Unable to login via email address

Discus and support Unable to login via email address in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karen_993, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Karen_993 Win User

Unable to login via email address

I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a successful login for the laptop IP address but I still can't get in?

:)

Karen_993, Nov 29, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to sign in to OneDrive using your new email address.

Please let us know:

• When you say, “I have updated to a new email address and updated Microsoft details” where exactly have you updated the details?
    • Are you try to sign in to the OneDrive website or OneDrive Desktop app?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    OneDrive shows "You're syncing a different account" error
    and see if that helps.

However, let me help to point you in the right direction for support related to OneDrive issues. We do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive
    support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Unable to login via email address

Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Unable to login via email address

1. Unable to login via email address - Similar Threads - Unable login via

2. Unable to login via PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login via PIN: Hello community! I am suddenly unable to login using my PIN. I have tried to reset it but it keeps on failing. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-via-pin/b0ceaf03-c07a-4f20-b44b-a17ae26ae6e3
  3. Unable to login via email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  4. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  5. Default login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default login email address: Hi, I recently created a new email and was wondering if I could switch the default email address while keeping all my data and such. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-login-email-address/d4a53151-c770-4cbc-bc66-31ad689e707d
  6. W10 Login email address

W10 Login email address: My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login. The email addresses are as follows :- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address: Hi there, I have updated to a new email address and updated Microsoft details. I am now having problems with syncing One Drive as it asks for my old email address logon details. When I try to use my old email address to login, it says there is no account for that address. How...
  8. Change Login Email Address

Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  9. Misspelled email address login

Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...
  10. Misspelled email address login

Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...