Windows 10: Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

Discus and support Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dragos Alex, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard security stuff, no more of a Securit Level 1 system. Now we develop to more secure systems, and I have a problem with 3 workstations that are in this Windows Domain. Those 3 workstation only htose 3 needs to be accesable only using a smart card logon. And I am failing. What I did:1. Installed Certificate Authority

:)

Dragos Alex, Oct 28, 2022
  2. AR-IRIZ Win User

Windows sign-in option with smart card

Hi Karla,

Thanks for the reply, it just shows registry and GP setting to change the sign in option from Password to smart card, how to enroll the card (link smart card to user).

Kindly provide complete steps to enroll the card and login with card.

AR-IRIZ, Oct 28, 2022
  3. Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, Oct 28, 2022
  4. Berton Win User

Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

Windows 10 smart card login

What's a "CAC"?

Berton, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

1. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported... - Similar Threads - Unable login smart

2. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  3. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  4. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  6. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  7. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  8. Smart Card login accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smart Card login accounts?: Are Smart Card logins to authenticate to login into Windows considered a Local User account or is it still a Domain User account? Supposed a user gets provided a CAC or a PIV card to insert to their Smart Card reader to authenticate or logon to their Windows account, is it a...
  9. Smart card login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card login: Hello,So I've enabled the smart card services on Win 2k19 and installed IIS. I've also enabled the GPO for smart-card authentication and Windows Hello for Business on the server. Could someone provide a step-by-step on actually enrolling the Yubi key? I have joined the...
  10. Windows login smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login smart card: Hi, Is it possible to use smart card for a local account in windows 10 v1809? What i can see it´s only possible with computers connected to a domain... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-smart-card/acbadc67-ad26-4545-9daf-6add4ed1974b