Windows 10: Unable to make a network drive.

Discus and support Unable to make a network drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so I've a few problems with my PC right now, lets start with the first one and see how things go. My roommate and I have a MyCloud network hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rantling, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Rantling Win User

Unable to make a network drive.

Ok so I've a few problems with my PC right now, lets start with the first one and see how things go.

My roommate and I have a MyCloud network hard drive on our network, we use as a data repository.
    The main mode of access has been via the shared Public folder on the drive.
    I recently installed Xbox for PC beta and it forced an update to my system.
    Since then I've been unable to access the shared folder.
    I've double checked the password is correct, I've also tried changing the password, and even removing the password altogether.
    I've also tried entering my windows account info.
    I got desperate and tried a system reset (not a full format yet).

The Reset didn't help either and the introduced the other problems I'm now having,
    Any suggestions?

Thanks for any responses.

I'm trying to avoid a full format right now but will do it if it'll help.

:)

Rantling, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    The network drive's icon are not appeared.

Hi
    Takeichi,

Upon analyzing your query, there are a few
    possibilities why this issue occurred.
    To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you updated your drivers recently?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For the mean time, you may run
    SFC three times
    and check if there's any changes. To run SFC, Follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter. 

Reminder:
    This command might take a while to finish. Please
    DO NOT CANCEL.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to
    gtguffo's answer
    regarding
    Unable
    to Map Network Drives

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Unable to make a network drive.

Lost contact with network drive

Hi,

As you have mentioned you are unable to connect to the networked drive, answer to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Are you able to connect to other networks?
    • What is the response you get on pinging?

Write to us with the status received on following the below steps on the same post for further assistance on the above issue.

• Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open
      Run command
    • Type the IP address of the network in the command box and press
      Enter
      key on the keyboard.

Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to make a network drive.

1. Unable to make a network drive. - Similar Threads - Unable network drive

2. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  3. Unable to access a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access a network drive: I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My Computer name Password I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states...
  4. Unable To Map Network Drive

Unable To Map Network Drive: I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the...
  5. Unable to connect network drive error: Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the...

Unable to connect network drive error: Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the...: Sir Please solve the error message The drive or network connection that the shortcut “ refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.. Please solve this problem Ans Please as soon as...
  6. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  7. Unable Map Network drive

Unable Map Network drive: I have two computers running windows 10. One system can map a drive to my Netgear device while the other fails with the message "System Error 64 has occurred. The network path was not found." I have tried various solutions on the WEB without success. Is there a local...
  8. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  9. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...
  10. Unable to access network drive in Explorer

Unable to access network drive in Explorer: I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my...