Windows 10: Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

Discus and support Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LorenzoIT, Apr 4, 2022.

1. LorenzoIT Win User

Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work with the other "shift": the "n" with the right one and the "m" with the left one. Lowercase "n" and "m" work normally. All the other letters I can do them capital with both the left and right "shift". But what is even more absurd is that I can do both the "n" and the "m" capital with the non-working "shift" by following the

:)

LorenzoIT, Apr 4, 2022

2. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if
    you press shift again. This is insanely irritating, because anytime you are using any keyboard shortcut or anything that requires the shift key, it changes the capitalization status of your words.

How do I turn off the ability of the shift key to change capitalization?

soundsofscience, Apr 4, 2022
  3. SamSkordi Win User
    Capital m key not working online

I have noticed that my capital m key has stopped working online. When I press left or right shift and the m key it doesn't register a capital w on internet explorer but it does with every other key. Also, the lower case m does register but the capital.
    It does register a capital m offline in notepad etc. however not online.

SamSkordi, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

Can't type certain capital letters with the left or right shift, depending!

So there are some similar posts i've seen that had issues like mine, but nothing quite exactly the same.

I can type all the letters just fine in lowercase, without any noticeable issues, or in uppercase with caps lock on. But when it comes to using the shift keys, the only way I can type a capital "A" is with the Right shift key (left doesn't produce any characters),
    and the only way I can produce a capital Q is with the Left shift key. This is Quite irritating and nonsensical.

As other posts have stated, I've not installed any software or hardware anytime recently either, and haven't had any updates to speak of that could have caused this to my knowledge.

I am operating a Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK with Windows 10 up to date as of this posting.

HELP!!

IlDocttore13, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

1. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! - Similar Threads - Unable capital using

2. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  3. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  4. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  6. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  7. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  8. Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key: On my laptop whenever I try to type a capital f with the shift key it doesn't type anything, I can use caps lock and can do f+shift+WindowsKey and it works, but i cant do shift+f, I have tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and I don't have another keyboard to test it, and I...
  9. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift Key Changes Capitalization: When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift...
  10. Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals: I've been having this problem with my keyboard since yesterday I can use the shift key to type all letters in capital except for the letters ic...on After IC . The keys for those letters are working IC on icon, I Can Jump IC fine , but when i press shift to type them in...