Windows 10: unable to make change in startmenu.

Discus and support unable to make change in startmenu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i pin some app in start but when i shut down my pc and run it again i get the start like new one, none of changes appear made by me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MANOJSHAKYA, Sep 29, 2018.

1. unable to make change in startmenu.

i pin some app in start but when i shut down my pc and run it again i get the start like new one, none of changes appear made by me.

:)

MANOJSHAKYA, Sep 29, 2018

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 29, 2018
  4. hunterk11 Win User

unable to make change in startmenu.

Cant change StartMenu settings from previous Win7 install

So I upgraded to Windows 10, it did the in-place upgrade but I now have a problem, in my Win7 install I had my startmenu set so that 0 recent apps were displayed, only the apps I pinned were. Now on my Windows 10 it seems like this setting has carried over except the left side of my startmenu has no apps, since it only lists recent apps.

Is this a bug in Windows 10 or is this a setting that carried over? If anyone knows where the setting is stored in the registry or where I can manually change it, since the setting page for it has been removed.

hunterk11, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

unable to make change in startmenu.

1. unable to make change in startmenu. - Similar Threads - unable change startmenu

2. Unable to make changes in pendrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to make changes in pendrive: I have a sony 16 GB Pendrive which when I insert it into my laptop, I can open and read all the files when I try to delete the file it is showing "You require permission from everyone to make changes to this device" as follows.Device name DESKTOP-IMUOU6E Processor IntelR...
  3. Unable to make changes in pendrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make changes in pendrive: I have a sony 16 GB Pendrive which when I insert it into my laptop, I can open and read all the files when I try to delete the file it is showing "You require permission from everyone to make changes to this device" as follows.Device name DESKTOP-IMUOU6E Processor IntelR...
  4. Unable to make changes in pendrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make changes to sign in option.: Recently after typed my password, a message popped saying that this organization requires me to change my password. Basically I have to change my password without wanting to and I cannot even use my own password. So I put in a new one and I then I want to change it back to...
  6. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make changes to sign in option.: Recently after typed my password, a message popped saying that this organization requires me to change my password. Basically I have to change my password without wanting to and I cannot even use my own password. So I put in a new one and I then I want to change it back to...
  7. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to make changes to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to make changes to my PC: Hi. I've been having this problem for a while now. I'm unable to make changes as administrator to my PC. I believe my administrator account got deleted. When I click yes when I'm asked if I want to allow, for example, Blender, to make changes to my PC, it says my username or...
  9. Startmenu not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu not opening: Ever since Windows 10 came out I've had the issue of my startmenu not opening. I've been through 4 PC's since it was released and all have had this issue. Why can't they just have such an important part of the OS working? This issue comes and goes, sometimes a reboot will...
  10. How to Change Folder Icons in StartMenu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Folder Icons in StartMenu?: is it possible? or does Anyone knows how i change those Icons there? (marked RED).. I want to change them systemwide not one by one.. if that is possible, like changing the ICO in the DLLs for example, but i couldnt find this ICO in any of those DLLs.. Anyone knows wich ico...