Windows 10: Unable To Map Network Drive

Discus and support Unable To Map Network Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by artmanphoto, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Unable To Map Network Drive

I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the Digital machine. I am pretty sure I have everything setup correctly on the Digital machine including the computer name, account name, password etc.
    When I select the Digital machine and drive the "Enter Network Password" box appears and it says my network password is not correct.
    Please see the attached screenshot.
    Can someone please give me ideas as to what the problem may be? Thanks very much Bill

Unable To Map Network Drive [​IMG]

:)

artmanphoto, Sep 4, 2019

2. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

I receive the following error when I try to disconnect from a self mapped network drive: "network connection does not exist"

The network drive icon appears with a bid red x and says it is disconnected, yet I can double click on it to enter the mapped folder. Doing this does not reconnect the folder, and remains disconnected. This causes problems because programs that pointed
    to this path are unable to read the files. I am unable to remap this drive because the associated drive letter (EUnable To Map Network Drive :) and mapping no longer shows up in the list.

I've tried all the typical suggestions including:

--I tried to do it via the command prompt with the net use delete command, but it can't be found in there.

--Tried to above with the actual network path instead of the drive letter, did not work

--Tried to delete the registry entries from:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Mountpoint2\

None of these solutions worked. Though deleting the registry entries momentarily hid the disconnected drive, the drive letter was still not available for mapping. I tried to force the drive letter (EUnable To Map Network Drive :) to map to my optical drive, which worryingly, pointed
    back to the mapped network location on the NAS instead of to the optical drive.

How do I get rid of this? Reformatting the computer is not an option.

RMI_Howard, Sep 4, 2019
  3. DMyr Win User
    Trouble Mapping Network Drive

I have a WD NAS drive connected to my router and have mapped it on three of my computers. I just setup another laptop with Windows 10 and have updated it to 1809 and when I tired Mapping a network drive nothing is displayed in the browse window except the
    computer I am currently using. The drive is shown under network locations in File Explorer but not when you select map network drive and browse. I right clicked on the drive and selected properties and noted the IP address and went back into Map network drive
    but instead of selecting browse I entered the IP address but it still does not map the drive. The strange part is if I go to any of the computers that already has the network drive mapped and select Map network drive and select browse none of those computers
    show the drive either but you can select the mapped drive in the drive list in file explorer and it works just fine.

I have read several articles both here and elsewhere and tried the suggestions but nothing works. Network discovery is turned on as is file sharing and also checked if all three boxes under SMB file sharing support in Windows features were also checked and
    they are. I have mapped several computers to several different drives over the years and anytime the drive was not listed it was always easy to go into Network Sharing Centre and find the problem but everything seems to be as it should so would appreciate
    if someone can suggest something I may have overlooked.

Thank you

DMyr, Sep 4, 2019
  4. adisid Win User

Unable To Map Network Drive

Unable to map NAS drive

I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties.

The NAS drive is directly connected via ethernet cable to my laptop.

Laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise 1809.

Laptop's IP address on the ethernet card is set to 192.168.1.1

I was able to retrieve the IP address of the WD NAS drive by using the arp command and it's set to 192.168.1.2

I have forgotten the name of the root share folder on the NAS drive.

The problem:

I am unable to map the NAS drive to my laptop. When I try to click on Network in Windows Explorer OR use the Map Network Drive option, I get a "Network Discovery is turned off" error.

To enable Network Discovery, I turned on / enabled all of the below

1. In Advanced Network Sharing, network discovery is turned on for Private, Public, Domain and All Networks

2. DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host sevices are running

3. Network Discovery is checked in Windows Defender

4. Ran the following command as administrator netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=Yes

In spite of this I get the "Network Discovery is turned off' error.

I am able to ping 192.168.1.2 in the command prompt and get a response.

Any suggestions on how to fix the error OR another way to access the NAS drive would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi.

adisid, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Map Network Drive

1. Unable To Map Network Drive - Similar Threads - Unable Map Network

2. Unable to Map my network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Map my network drive: I am Unable to Map my OneDrive for Business to my Windows 11.Steps recorder file link with screenshot - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag92YD7EFDaMxHMi6Knl7t_CWLy1?e=nSPE9J Please help me with this as soon as possible....
  3. Unable to Map my network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Map my network drive: I am Unable to Map my OneDrive for Business to my Windows 11.Steps recorder file link with screenshot - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag92YD7EFDaMxHMi6Knl7t_CWLy1?e=nSPE9J Please help me with this as soon as possible....
  4. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  5. Unable to map LAN Network Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to map LAN Network Drives: With Win 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657 I can't map USB HDDs attached to an TP-Link Archer C9. The router is discovered but is never found when browsing for a folder. [ATTACH] If anyone could help it will be much appreciated. Thanks....
  6. Unable Map Network drive

Unable Map Network drive: I have two computers running windows 10. One system can map a drive to my Netgear device while the other fails with the message "System Error 64 has occurred. The network path was not found." I have tried various solutions on the WEB without success. Is there a local...
  7. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive: I have two mapped drives in my network locations mapped to Q: and V:. I can access their contents, but I cannot disconnect them. When I attempt to disconnect either drive, I receive an error stating that "the system cannot find the file specified." I attempted to...
  8. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  9. Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped)

Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped): So I want to map a network drive on windows 10 and were able to in the past, but now when I try to log in my server I get the message: The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To connect using a different user name and...
  10. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 the network folder specified is currently