Windows 10: Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've got 2 Western Digital Network drives hard wired on my network, a My Book World and an EX2. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stormstorr, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

Hi,
    I've got 2 Western Digital Network drives hard wired on my network, a My Book World and an EX2.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had intermittent problems viewing and setting network drives. I've read a lot of other posts and tried a number of things suggested without success. WD Support have run out of ideas.

The WD Discovery tool finds the Network drives, but the box to map network drive is greyed out. I can access the desktop control panel from my browser. If I try to add a network location the drives are not listed. If I try to add the drive letter L: \\WDMYCLOUDEX2\Public the network path is not found?

I have another Windows 10 computer on the network which can access the drives without issue - so it must be a setting on my PC. Tried disabling my Kaspersky security - still not being seen?

I suspect that this has been as a result of a windows upgrade?

Anybody had similar issues?

:)

Stormstorr, Nov 14, 2015
  2. jackin Win User

Able to ping network path but not able to map network drive on Windows 10

So i ran into this situation today. Computer A (Windows 7 professional) and Computer B (Windows 10) both connected to same domain.

Computer A can access network drive, but computer B cannot

This is what i tried on computer B, which has Windows 10

Verified advanced network sharing settings are enabled

Verified computer B can ping network path, but unable to map network drive

flushed DNS. Tried browsing to network drive, no good

Tried accessing network path with IPv4 address, network path, but no success

Not sure why computer B can ping the network drive but cannot map to network drive

Also verified NetBIOS is enabled.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps that i missed or what else should i check on Windows 10 about mapping network drive?

jackin, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Network share connecitivty

I am see a frustrating issue with Windows 10 and my users network mapping.

Users are able to map to some shares, but not others. They have rights to the shares that they cannot map to. They where able to map to these shares in Windows 7-64. They can ping the shares by name and ip. They can remote desktop to the servers that contain
    the shares.

the windows diaganostics come back with: "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" error

I have tried the fixes suggested in this blog: FIXED: “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer”

I'm stumped.

Rick_Peterson, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

Well would you believe it;

My computer has just updated itself to Windows 10 Pro Version 1511, OS Build 10586.3 and the drives are showing again.
    I knew it was something to do with a previous update.............

Stormstorr, Nov 15, 2015
  5. I have a network with 4 notebooks, 3 android mobiles, 2 WD external ethernet hard drive, 1 WDTV Live. After upgrade to Windows 10, when I click to "Network" (On Windows Explorer left panel), I can not see nothing. The computer can not see even itself. I have been searching in foruns and a lot of people are talking about this Windows 10 bug. I have tryed to configure the network using the router (DLink dir635) and the modem Humax. Nothing. The curious is: I have 3 notebooks with Windows 10. If I turn them all off and turn off the router, after turn on again, the first computer the see the shares, but the others can not. Other people talk in foruns about this problem. My problem is not only makes Windows 10 see My Cloud and My Book Live, but get back my home network Windows 10 get way. In the beginning, I thought the problem was with the Windows 10 version. I have one notebook Windows 10 (10240) that work perfectly well and two notebooks with Windows 10 (1511) that did not. After, I discover that, as I do not turn them off, the diference was not the Windows 10 version, but the fact the notebook with Windows 10 (10240) was the first turned on in the network. As I explained before, when I turn them all off, if I turn one notebook with Windows 10 (1511) [November Update] it will work perfectly well, but only the first turned on.

persiomenezes, Jan 5, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    The reason the first comp to get turned on sees shares is that this first one becomes the Master Browser and the Master Browser isn't affected by the discovery problem.

Discovery, particularly if you have Linux NAS boxes as well, is broken. We have to wait for MS to fix what they broke with 1511.

Yes, I know, it is pretty darn frustrating.

linw, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Linw, I wonder why the hell Microsoft is sleeping for so serious problem. I bought a new computer only to use Windows 10. The old one was not compatible (some problem with the video drive), it uses Windows 7. So I bought a new Dell notebook with Windows 8.1 and the promise to update freely to Windows 10. I had to downgrade to Windows 8.1, because I need access my drives. Now I have to use Windows 8. I just HATE Windows 8. It's ugly and not practical.

persiomenezes, Jan 5, 2016
  8. linw Win User

Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

No idea why MS is asleep on this one. They must know how to fix it as they broke it! Many have outlined what the problem is but still no response from MS.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

1. Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable map Network

2. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...
  3. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...
  4. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  6. Unable to map network share suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to map network share suddenly: Hi all, Just been accessing my network share on a linux box through a self served vpn server (on router) with no problems, when suddenly I'm getting no joy. Tried to remap (and deleted credentials) and firstly it comes back a second time with the password box, and then fails...
  7. Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are unable to map a network drive, maybe, after updating Windows 10, […] This article Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  9. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...
  10. Mapping network shares on boot

Mapping network shares on boot: Hello, Is it only me, or is Win10 extremely buggy when it comes to startup scripts? In Win7 this worked flawlessly, but since I upgraded (and now installed fresh), when I give an user a logon script (and put it in the corresponding folder of course, incl. turn off the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to map network share