Windows 10: Unable to map Synology drive after changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Unable to map Synology drive after changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Previously in Windows 7, I could connect to Synology drive using File Explorer-Map as drive \\dsm1203\mydrive1 by keying in my username and password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MwChan, Apr 29, 2019.

1. MwChan Win User

Unable to map Synology drive after changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10 laptop

Previously in Windows 7, I could connect to Synology drive using File Explorer-Map as drive \\dsm1203\mydrive1 by keying in my username and password.

Now in Windows 10, when I do the same in File Explore-Map as drive, it prompts

"Enter your credentials to connect to .."

I enter the same username and password.

It comes back with an error : "The user name or password is incorrect"

*** Instead of username which I entered, it shows *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in the error message. I don't know how it appended @abc.com.

Is there a way for Win10 not to add @abc.com when it sends the login to Synology?

I can't create a userid with @abc.com in Synology.

Tried asking Synology and the support said it's not their problem. Sad.

Any workaround / suggestion is appreciated!

:)

MwChan, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to map Synology drive after changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Unable map Synology

2. Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are unable to map a network drive, maybe, after updating Windows 10, […] This article Unable to map Network drive in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds: Does anyone have s Synology NAS? I have one and mapped it to a drive letter and could see all the files on it without problems. However when i try to do a backup to it ot transfer files the transfer speed is single digit kbs. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any...
  4. Re-using a hard drive from Synology NAS in windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Re-using a hard drive from Synology NAS in windows 10 PC: I have a Synology NAS 918+ that I want to remove the 4TB HD and use that hard drive in windows 10 pc. I'm looking for some advice on how I could reformat that drive. submitted by /u/tekstein1979 [link] [comments]...
  5. Swapping Hard Drives from Laptop 10 to Windows 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Hard Drives from Laptop 10 to Windows 7 Laptop: I am not sure if the other posts mention anything like this before but: Recently, my Wins10 laptop malfunction and I am not sure exactly how; laptop made beeps relating to CMOS battery (fixed) and cannot read hard drive (or something; not fixed). Anyhow, I acquired another...
  6. Change from windows 10 to 7

Change from windows 10 to 7: Hi , I am now on Windows 10 system But the games are slow and have some commentary If I switch to Windows 7 will be better ?? .. I guess so + How do I convert to Windows 7?...
  7. Boot drive changed after upgrading from windows 7

Boot drive changed after upgrading from windows 7: I updated my daughter's Toshiba Satellite c655-s5125 Windows 7 computer to Windows 10. Now it won't boot. I am able to get to a Command prompt though. [img] [img] From what I've been able to tell it wants to boot to an X drive, but I ran diskpart , here's a pic attached. I...
  8. Unable to Map drives

Unable to Map drives: Hi all I have an asus laptop with 16GB ram and using win10 Pro x64. version 1803 Built 17134.285 I have recently reset the laptop keeping my files intact. Now when I go to map a Drive I cant see any pc's on the network, but if I go to win explorer I can see the the shared...
  9. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive: I have two mapped drives in my network locations mapped to Q: and V:. I can access their contents, but I cannot disconnect them. When I attempt to disconnect either drive, I receive an error stating that "the system cannot find the file specified." I attempted to...
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synology unable to map drives windows

2. map synology drive on laptop

3. unable to map drive to synology windows 10

4. synology unable to map drives windows 10,
  5. Unable to map Synology drive on Windows 10 Error:The user name or password is incorrect