Windows 10: Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services. Are there any restrictions, if so how to...

Discus and support Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services. Are there any restrictions, if so how to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Are there any restrictions, if so how to fix them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeeDavis519, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services. Are there any restrictions, if so how to...

Are there any restrictions, if so how to fix them?

:)

LeeDavis519, Nov 22, 2019

2. unable to map on RDS to local drive

Need mapping to the local drive for RDS services

LeeDavis519, Nov 22, 2019
  3. unable to map on RDS to local drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you want to map the local drive for RDS services.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RDS to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Please refer this article:
    Additional Remote Desktop resources

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services. Are there any restrictions, if so how to...

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services. Are there any restrictions, if so how to...

1. Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services. Are there any restrictions, if so how to... - Similar Threads - Unable map local

2. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host: Local system Network restricted: Hellomy problem is some of my services on windows 10 getting "Network restricted" tag how do I lift restrictions?I'm getting restrictions to access to sites and internet through some apps and games.I've installed eset internet security premium but before installing AV I had...
  3. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host: Local system Network restricted: Hellomy problem is some of my services on windows 10 getting "Network restricted" tag how do I lift restrictions?I'm getting restrictions to access to sites and internet through some apps and games.I've installed eset internet security premium but before installing AV I had...
  4. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to restrict simple local accounts to not change any setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restrict simple local accounts to not change any setup: How to restrict simple local accounts in Windows 10 to not change any setup or configuration of any application. For example, to not change or quit antivirus program or to not close or quit Skype or whatever application that is running in the Windows Notification Area. 174926
  6. unable to map on RDS to local drive

unable to map on RDS to local drive: Need mapping to the local drive for RDS services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-map-on-rds-to-local-drive/1f11d3f7-e83e-455b-b799-2a10b66f3061"
  7. Unable to Map drives

Unable to Map drives: Hi all I have an asus laptop with 16GB ram and using win10 Pro x64. version 1803 Built 17134.285 I have recently reset the laptop keeping my files intact. Now when I go to map a Drive I cant see any pc's on the network, but if I go to win explorer I can see the the shared...
  8. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...
  9. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...
  10. Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted): Hello forum, Hello guys I've had this issue that has really been getting on my nerves for the past couple of weeks now ever since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. For some odd reason at random times this Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted) (6) will...