Windows 10: Unable to maximize a window

Discus and support Unable to maximize a window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10 windows opened on taskbar and would not maximize. I can select Start button and open an application like Word but it also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErickOrtiz2, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Unable to maximize a window

After upgrading to windows 10 windows opened on taskbar and would not maximize. I can select Start button and open an application like Word but it also opens in thumbnail like window on the taskbar and canot be maximized.

Already try

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannnow

:)

ErickOrtiz2, Oct 26, 2018

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Unable to maximize a window after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you're facing issue in Maximizing the Windows. Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if it helps.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Unable to maximize a window

Bruce Hagen, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to maximize a window

1. Unable to maximize a window - Similar Threads - Unable maximize window

2. Maximized Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximized Window: How do you fix this?Basically when I drag a window. no matter where I place it on the screen. it will always go maximize. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximized-window/ca519072-6775-4af9-b11f-ff5c83203682
  3. Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.

Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.: One of my application - When opened, is minimized to taskbar. I tried a lot of solutions with Cascade windows, Cntrl+Shift > Right click and Maximize windows. None of them helped. I have tried uninstall and re-install option, which also haven't worked....
  4. Maximizing windows

Maximizing windows: How can one open files in File Explorer in maximum window size? I have tried every suggestion and they are only in small squares and unreadable. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximizing-windows/774de022-c69a-4b85-9e02-9f9ef94aa835
  5. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  6. Window Maximization Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window Maximization Issue: Been having this issue for a while. When maximizing windows or starting a program that is already maximizes will make it do this. It's mostly Chrome that does it occasionally (can be fixed by pressing F11 twice) but Windows apps (like calculator and photos) do the same thing...
  7. taskbar and maximizing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar and maximizing windows: I'm experiencing an issue where sometimes you will click on the program icon on the taskbar of an open program or folder, yet the program or file explorer won't maximize. If i click the ALT key after I try, the window pops up. It's almost like the file is stuck in the...
  8. Unable to maximize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to maximize: When I open new tabs and then minimize the websites/tabs at the bottom of the screen, I am unable to maximize open them again when I click on them. Please advise. Edge. From march 2018...
  9. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  10. No hints for maximized windows

in Windows 10 Support
    No hints for maximized windows: Some programs I use need to have hints, or tips, shown. A debugger is the most important example for me but for my customers it is the apps I develop. If I maximize a window then hints are turned off as though I'm in tablet mode which I am not. Sometimes this doesn't happen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to maximise mcafee window

2. unable to maximize window

3. icons shown in windows taskbar but unable to see the maximize window

4. unable to minimize applications,
  5. windows unable to maximize browser,
  6. unable to maximize word,
  7. windows 10 window cannot be maximise,
  8. how to maximize posting window,
  9. cannot maximize window windows 10,
  10. unable to click on maximize and minimize in windows 10,
  11. taskbar minimized does not open,