Windows 10: Unable to maximize

Discus and support Unable to maximize in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open new tabs and then minimize the websites/tabs at the bottom of the screen, I am unable to maximize open them again when I click on them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveOdney, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Unable to maximize

When I open new tabs and then minimize the websites/tabs at the bottom of the screen, I am unable to maximize open them again when I click on them.

Please advise.

Edge. From march 2018

:)

SteveOdney, Oct 26, 2018

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Bruce Hagen, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Unable to maximize

Unable to maximize a window after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you're facing issue in Maximizing the Windows. Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if it helps.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to maximize

1. Unable to maximize - Similar Threads - Unable maximize

2. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  3. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  4. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. unable to send or receive emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to send or receive emails.: windows live 2012. cannot send or receive emails. error code showing :- Unable to send or receive messages for the Blacksmith account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period...
  6. unable to send or receive emails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to send or receive emails.: windows live 2012. cannot send or receive emails. error code showing :- Unable to send or receive messages for the Blacksmith account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period...
  7. Unable to maximize Quick Assist when remoting into someones computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to maximize Quick Assist when remoting into someones computer.: I noticed this only happens to people who aren't in admin accounts, as it works with anyone else. Is there any way to fix it? It's incredibly hard to assist people when the image is so incredibly small....
  8. Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.

Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.: One of my application - When opened, is minimized to taskbar. I tried a lot of solutions with Cascade windows, Cntrl+Shift > Right click and Maximize windows. None of them helped. I have tried uninstall and re-install option, which also haven't worked....
  9. WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS KEEP MINIMISING AND CLOSE MY PROGRAMS AND I AM UNABLE TO MAXIMIZE THEM BACK: I have a big problem with my system. First I need to mention that i have three different computers (and a laptop) using geniune Win 10 but only one computer has this type of problem (that ocured after win 10 updates. Randomly my programs (browsers, apps, games) are...
  10. Unable to maximize a window

Unable to maximize a window: After upgrading to windows 10 windows opened on taskbar and would not maximize. I can select Start button and open an application like Word but it also opens in thumbnail like window on the taskbar and canot be maximized. Already try dism /online /cleanup-image...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to maximize window

2. unable to maximize file window when minimined

3. w am i unable to maximise my screems on my programs

4. VCDS UNABLE TO MAXIMASE