Windows 10: Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Please note : I am able to open the ISO with other programs (Winrar, 7zip, etc) I am desperate, looking for help. I have scoured the web far and wide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by forkinator, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

Please note : I am able to open the ISO with other programs (Winrar, 7zip, etc)

I am desperate, looking for help. I have scoured the web far and wide and cannot find a solution to my issue and I refuse to believe that reformatting my PC is the only way to fix this issue.

My issue is, I want to be able to mount iso files (and have been able to do so in the past) with windows explorer. I get the "mount" option when i right click, but when I select it, or select to open the file through windows explorer, I get an error that reads " Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file"

Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

I have Windows 10 Home x64

I have tried;

copying the file to another drive(its currently in "D:/backup.iso" (My C: drive is my windows install drive). I get the same error as above no matter where i copy it (ctrl+c while the iso is selected, ctrl+v somewhere else)

checking file permissions and read status

Changing (and checking) the sparse flag in a elevated command prompt
    "fsutil sparse setflag {PathToISO} 0"

Running "sfc /scannow" in a elevated command prompt (no errors returned)

Checking to see if there was already a mounted drive/file(there isn't)

changing the default file extension app, but the .iso file type isn't even listed.

This led me to believe there was a incorrect registry entry(s). I thought the only entry I needed to worry about was in "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.iso", but it seems like the entries there are correct, and there are hundreds more entries that came up in search related to the string ".iso". Here are a few entries i thought relevant.

I apologize for the long post. There seems to be no end to this. I know I can just open the file with Winrar, but I want to be able to open the file in explorer like i have been able to do in the past, (albeit a while ago). I am truly at my wits end here.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

:)

forkinator, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mount Iso

Hi, I´m Douglas M.

I would like to help you, When you right click an ISO file and Mount does not show at top of list the the file association is wrong.

Click on Open With and you need to make Windows Explorer the default.

After that the Mount choice will be there.

kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

Completely Bonkers, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

1. Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Unable Mount ISO

2. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  3. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  6. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  7. Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer: Please note : I am able to open the ISO with other programs (Winrar, 7zip, etc) I am desperate, looking for help. I have scoured the web far and wide and cannot find a solution to my issue and I refuse to believe that reformatting my PC is the only way to fix this issue....
  8. .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

.ISO file is not mounting in windows 10: I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it was a corrupted file i downloaded but i tried mounting another game which i had installed already but could not mount it either...
  9. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  10. Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting

in Windows 10 Support
    Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting: Hi there Seems I've got a hideous error here -- Mounting a DVD (bog standard - not Blu ray) as an ISO file Windows explorer shows file size as a whopping 95 GB !!!!!!!! Handbrake then won't encode to mkv / mp4 file for my media streamer. Also the mounted ISO won't...