Windows 10: Unable to mount network share in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to mount network share in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to mount a network share in windows 10, but everytime I try I get this error message [ATTACH] I know this is a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StampyScouse, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Unable to mount network share in windows 10

Hello,

I am trying to mount a network share in windows 10, but everytime I try I get this error message

Unable to mount network share in windows 10 40cd8505-f75b-4371-b83f-cfe1c58d0d1e?upload=true.png

I know this is a problem with Windows 10 because I tried this on my chromebook and it dosen't have the same problem.

Any help will be appreciated,

StampyScouse

Version Info:

Unable to mount network share in windows 10 68833bc7-4035-42f6-aab8-4bf071ae7300?upload=true.png

:)

StampyScouse, Jan 26, 2019

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Unable to host virtual network for internet sharing

I've been getting the following error:
    "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

Things I've already done trying to solve the problem(To save time from suggesting the same things) :

1) Clean install of Windows 10.

2) Made sure my WiFi network card doesn't go to Sleep, by disabling that option in the Power Management.

Unable to mount network share in windows 10 [​IMG]

3) Have set hosted network mode to allow

4) Made sure that my network with internet access is set to sharing

I tried going through all the forums regarding this, but none of them are solving my problem

Additional info :

It was working fine untill some random windows update, after which the PC started getting BSOD when trying to host a network. Reinstalling drivers started giving me this error instead of BSOD.

Then I rolled back to windows 8.1 and checked again. It was working flawlessly. I assumed it to be a driver problem, so I upgraded to Windows 10 again and this error is back.

Is my only solution is to chuck Windows 10 and run 8.1?

lunaticfiend, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Mystere Win User

Unable to mount network share in windows 10

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to mount network share in windows 10

1. Unable to mount network share in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable mount network

2. Unable to share network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to share network computers: Hi i have enabled network sharing on both my computers and marked drives to share. i can see both computers and the drives but when i try and open a drive i get the message unable to access this computer Any advice will be great please 179469
  3. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  4. Windows 10: Unable to browse to network shares folder in Explorer,

Windows 10: Unable to browse to network shares folder in Explorer,: Windows 10 Unable to browse to network shares folder in Explorer, but user has this share folder access as mapped network drive, but in explorer, user trying to open a file from shared drive, dive is invisible only i can see c drive, no share drive. need advice...
  5. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  6. Unable to Search Network Shared Folders Windows 10 1809

in Cortana
    Unable to Search Network Shared Folders Windows 10 1809: Unable to Search Network Shared Folders Windows 10 1809 Hello, When using the start menu to search (Cortana) I am unable to see any searches from network shared drives. They are mapped properly. Everything I've read is either outdated or doesn't give a clear answer or...
  7. Unable to view shared files on network

Unable to view shared files on network: I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other systems shared folders from this PC but can't access the shared folders of this Lenovo PC. Also internet is working fine in...
  8. Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10

Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10: I tried to follow the tutorial listed and checked that the correct services were on and automatic. I also made sure file sharing is on. On my Windows 10 PC I can only see the media for my Laptop but there's nothing in it. On my PC I can see my Laptop but it says not...
  9. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  10. Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10: Hi, I've got 2 Western Digital Network drives hard wired on my network, a My Book World and an EX2. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had intermittent problems viewing and setting network drives. I've read a lot of other posts and tried a number of things suggested...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to network share

2. windows unable to share with