Windows 10: Unable to move app from This Device to SD!

Discus and support Unable to move app from This Device to SD! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win ver: 10 Windows mobile: Lumia XL I am unable to move an app (Flashlight - Torch LED Light) from This Device to SD! After clicking the Move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RazPatnaik, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Unable to move app from This Device to SD!

Win ver: 10

Windows mobile: Lumia XL

I am unable to move an app (Flashlight - Torch LED Light) from This Device to SD! After clicking the Move button I get this message:

"We couldn't move Flashlight - Torch LED Light. Try again in a while. The error code is 0x80073cf6."

I tried several times, but I am still getting this message. I've also restarted several times, but to no avail.

The reason I want to move this app is because it is NOT appearing in my list of Apps, but it is showing as Installed in the Store.

Previously, the app was showing on my Screen and the Apps list, but after a Windows update, it disappeared from the Screen and the list.

I will be happy if anyone can find a solution to this.

:)

RazPatnaik, Jul 10, 2019

2. Unable to format sd card

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you using an SD card reader? If yes, have you tried using another card reader?
    • Have you tried formatting the SD card using another computer?
    In the meantime, we suggest running a hardware diagnostics while your SD card is connected to the computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then select
      Troubleshooting
      from the search result.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices to run a hardware diagnostics.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 10, 2019
  3. dorsetknob, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Unable to move app from This Device to SD!

SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

http://windows8search.com/forum/how-install-xap-files-windows-8-phone-2630.html

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to move app from This Device to SD!

1. Unable to move app from This Device to SD! - Similar Threads - Unable move app

2. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  3. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  4. Move an album from Microsoft Photos to an sd card?

Move an album from Microsoft Photos to an sd card?: I assume this must be possible, but I cannot find any info online as to how to move an album to an sd card. Help--please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-an-album-from-microsoft-photos-to-an-sd-card/866a274d-2336-482d-bd71-18b88cfdaf70
  5. error code:0*80073d0d when moving app to SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error code:0*80073d0d when moving app to SD card: in my laptop I can't move app to my SD card storage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code080073d0d-when-moving-app-to-sd-card/0424253a-5d28-4c93-a4f7-f895fd37c9d0
  6. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  7. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  8. Moving Apps To Another Storage Device

Moving Apps To Another Storage Device: So Windows 10 has a feature to move apps from one drive to another. I have set my storage setting for everything to be stored on a HDD since my primary OS drive is SDD. Even though I've followed the proper steps, none of my installed apps are being stored on the HDD. I cant...
  9. Installing Apps from SD card

Installing Apps from SD card: I'm running W10 on my desktop, and will shortly be getting a new laptop, a HP Envy 13. I have a fair amount of software that came on CD/DVD, and obviously I could get an external DVD RW for not much money and install MS Office 2010, Lightroom 5 etc. from the DVD media. But...
  10. Junction move app data to sd card

in Windows 10 Support
    Junction move app data to sd card: Got a nice new windows 10 tablet, got a 128gb micro sd card in it, and have been installing most stuff to it but there are some apps that give you no choice where there can be store and in my case I got two app that runs from my appdata, and look up if there was any way to...