Windows 10: Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Discus and support Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have followed several tutorials to "move" the captures folder. But the problem is, I don't have one. This is where it has been pointing: [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JakeReindl, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

I have followed several tutorials to "move" the captures folder. But the problem is, I don't have one. This is where it has been pointing:
    Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures [​IMG]

I am kind of at a loss, since all the help I have currently seen has shown how to move the existing captures folder.

Thanks!

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

- - - Updated - - -

I read somewhere else where it recommended resetting the entire computer. I would VERY much like to not do that lol

:)

JakeReindl, Jan 24, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Captures folder disappeared

Hi NEN Gaming, this might restore the Captures folder for you . . .

Open the Xbox app, click Settings, and select Game DVR

Click on Open folder under Saving captures to open the Captures folder at its current location

Right-click on an empty space in your Captures folder, choose Properties

On the Location tab, click on Restore Default button and then click OK to confirm the operation

DaveM121, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Capture folder for Xbox App

Hi,

Let's answer the following questions to properly isolate your case:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you made any changes on your Windows 10 computer prior to this concern?

To help resolve your concern with moving the Captures folder to a preferred location on Windows 10, check out this

page
    . Look for the post made by LiquidLearner that has been marked as an answer.

For more information about recording game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10, feel free to visit this

link

Keep us posted.

Paul Bab, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. As you have selected root of a drive (D Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures :) while changing the captures folder location and not created and selected a folder for the same. Hence, you are facing the issue. However, could you please let us know the exact
    error message you are getting while changing to default location.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you can restore default settings.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR (on the left pane).
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select
      Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on Apply > OK >
      Yes
    7. If you still facing the issue, please try by opening
      Xbox app.
    8. Click on Settings > Game DVR.
    9. Click on Open folder under
      Saving captures
      and perform step 4, 5,

If you are able to restore default settings successfully, please follow the steps mentioned below to change Captures folder location.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR.
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Move.
    6. Browse to the new location that you prefer.
    7. Click on New folder and create a folder.
    8. Highlight same folder using left click and click on
      Select Folder.
    9. Then click on Apply > OK >
      Yes.

You may also want to refer
    Adjust capture settings on Windows 10
    for more details.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

1. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures - Similar Threads - Unable move Captures

2. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  3. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  4. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  5. Xbox bar capture not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox bar capture not working: So I have been trying using this Xbox capture, but I just can't press it when I open the capture GUI. I even tried pressing windows+G, windows+alt+R. Yet nothing worked, I just want to record my gameplays and piano vids.I'm using windows 11...
  6. Xbox bar capture not working

Xbox bar capture not working: So I have been trying using this Xbox capture, but I just can't press it when I open the capture GUI. I even tried pressing windows+G, windows+alt+R. Yet nothing worked, I just want to record my gameplays and piano vids.I'm using windows 11...
  7. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  8. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  9. xbox game bar captures not moving to new location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar captures not moving to new location: I'm trying to make xbox game bar captures save to a 2tb hhd backup drive, instead of saving to my operating system ssd. I've tried everything i could find to do on the Microsoft support website. I've changed where new photos and videos are saved in settings to the new drive,...
  10. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...