Windows 10: Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?

Discus and support Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sure, Choose the folder you want as your top down folder I.E "my documents" Right click - Properties. Select the security tab from the group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tbcam88, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Burien Win User

Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?

Sure,

Choose the folder you want as your top down folder I.E "my documents" Right click - Properties.

Select the security tab

from the group or user names list, choose a user. click edit.

here you should be able to change the permissions. Tick all the boxes.

Click OK - APPLY

That should be it!

Don't do this to your C drive. Just the folder that you need to access.

Good Luck! *Biggrin

Burien, Aug 2, 2015
  2. tbcam88 Win User

Thanks for that! *Smile

I really need to correct this on a user level as opposed to a folder level right enough... W10 doesn't seem to recognise my account as an Administrator. Either that, or it's simply the way Windows is now-a-days and there's nothing you can do about it. Something tells me this isn't the case though. Simple things such as not being able to run my registry backup indicate to me that there are problems with my permission privilege settings.

Google is my best bet now I think. Enough hunting around will hopefully encounter someone else who has run into this and posted the solution.

Thanks again. *Smile

tbcam88, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Burien Win User
    Agreed! I guess it is early days yet.

If you do come across something, please post a link.

Burien, Aug 3, 2015
  4. figment Win User

figment, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Burien Win User
    Burien, Aug 3, 2015
  6. figment Win User
    I was desperate and it worked! *Smile

figment, Aug 3, 2015
  7. I know this is an old thread but I have been struggling with this since I upgraded a few days ago and I think I've found a solution;

1. Right click my computer and go to properties (or control panel > system and security > system)
    2. On the left, go into system protection.
    3. If protection on the C: drive is on go into properties and disable it.

I am now able to alter files in the C: drive.

Hope this works for you.

fearthedutch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive? - Similar Threads - Unable move copy

2. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  3. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  4. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  5. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  6. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  8. Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive: [img] Is there any explanation as to why I have this situation of 1) Having to press the "continue" button everytime I'm copying/moving something to the C: drive (P.S. It's just a home PC and I'm the only admin/user), & 2) Why the "More details" is dimmed? I'm running...
  9. Unable to copy into 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps'

Unable to copy into 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps': I need to be able to copy some files into WindowsApps to modify items downloaded from the windows store. However, I keep getting an error as below: Destination Folder Access Denied [ATTACH] I am logged in as an administrator, I have taken ownership and 'full control'...
  10. Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file: i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help ***Original title: Cant delete file with Russian file name***...