Windows 10: Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

Discus and support Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help ***Original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CollinBadeaux, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help

***Original title: Cant delete file with Russian file name***

:)

CollinBadeaux, Nov 24, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

Problems with .7z extension?

Right click one of the .7z files then click Properties

Under General, click Change

If you don't see 7zip listed, click More apps then scroll through the list and select 7zip

Click Ok

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

1. Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file - Similar Threads - Unable move copy

2. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  3. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  4. Unable to install 7z file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install 7z file: hiI have downloaded 7z file. clicked on to install the 7z file. it shows 7z file installed. No window popped up asking for permission.when I tried to open a 7z file with right click cant see any option with 7zip open the file.Appreciate reply from anyone.ThanksMohammad Islam...
  5. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  6. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error is as below. Anyone having these issues? If so is their a fix? Thanks for the help. [ATTACH]...
  7. copy move files

copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  8. I cannot move, copy or rename my files.

I cannot move, copy or rename my files.: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had three disk partitions. C Drive, D Drive and E Drive. Windows is installed in C Drive. After upgrade D Drive became E Drive and E Drive became F Drive. I can't move, copy or rename files and folders in these drives. Also,...
  9. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  10. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i open a 7z file on windows 10

2. windows unable to copy or rename a file the file name you specified is too long