Windows 10: Unable to move files from one user profile to another

Discus and support Unable to move files from one user profile to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Moose80BV, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Moose80BV Win User

Unable to move files from one user profile to another

Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to allow the other profiles to be able to "copy to" that would help alot. Many thanks.- Moose

:)

Moose80BV, Apr 18, 2022
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 18, 2022
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 18, 2022
  4. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

1. Unable to move files from one user profile to another - Similar Threads - Unable move files

2. How do I move Files from one user profile to another in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move Files from one user profile to another in Windows 11?: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11 that is uses an old free Microsoft account One Drive to log into and is the administrator profile. Example: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** now have a shared family Microsoft 365 account associated with a different email...
  3. How do I move Files from one user profile to another in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move Files from one user profile to another in Windows 11?: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11 that is uses an old free Microsoft account One Drive to log into and is the administrator profile. Example: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** now have a shared family Microsoft 365 account associated with a different email...
  4. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  5. Moving user profile to another drive

Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  6. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  8. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  9. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  10. Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?: Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account? 101239