Windows 10: Unable to move files in Windows

Discus and support Unable to move files in Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot move files from one location to another on the computer. Just idles with a little circle going round and round. ***Modified title from:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RICHARD DGOLDEN, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Unable to move files in Windows

I cannot move files from one location to another on the computer. Just idles with a little circle going round and round.

***Modified title from: file moving ***

:)

RICHARD DGOLDEN, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to move files in Windows

Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to move files in Windows

1. Unable to move files in Windows - Similar Threads - Unable move files

2. Unable to move saved .msg files - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move saved .msg files - Windows 11: Multiple users running Windows 11 with office 365 are unable to move saved .msg files if they have had the file open and then closed it gives the error."The Action can't be completed because the file is open in Microsoft Outlook." The file has been closed and just outlook is...
  3. Unable to move saved .msg files - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to move saved .msg files - Windows 11: Multiple users running Windows 11 with office 365 are unable to move saved .msg files if they have had the file open and then closed it gives the error."The Action can't be completed because the file is open in Microsoft Outlook." The file has been closed and just outlook is...
  4. Unable to move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move files: When I try to move a file it freezes at 0%I've tried restarting explorer but it still happens Image: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-files/7f5b56b3-ce7f-43f5-b665-2b943d206256
  5. Unable to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files: When I try to move a file it freezes at 0%I've tried restarting explorer but it still happens Image: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-files/7f5b56b3-ce7f-43f5-b665-2b943d206256
  6. Unable to move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  8. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  9. Unable to move .ogg files

Unable to move .ogg files: After updating Windows 10, whenever I try to do anything to any file with a .ogg, .oga, or .ogx extension (and possibly more things related to .ogg I haven't tried yet), Windows Explorer just stalls forever. I can't open them to be played in VLC, move them anywhere, or even...
  10. SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs: Running Windows 10 1709 x64 may update. There are no hardware or drive corruption issues as I've done low level drive tests to confirm this. SMART shows perfect scores, etc. Trying to complete SFC but the SFC logs have questionable/nebulous answers for why it won't complete....