Windows 10: Unable to move items in Windows Mail

Discus and support Unable to move items in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on message I get context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' this appears above it - 'Move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tobur, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Tobur Win User

Unable to move items in Windows Mail

Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on message I get context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' this appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all options on the context menu. Am I missing something obvious?

:)

Tobur, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to move items in Windows Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 mail: sent items wont sync,get error0x80072726

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you trying to send E-mails using Windows Mail app or Outllok.com or MS Office Outlook?
    I suggest you to refer to the below given article to configure the account with Mail app and re-configure it and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-accounts

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Also after configuring account kindly follow the below given steps and check if mail syncs:

• Click on Gear (setting) button in left panel in Mail app.
    • Click or tap on Account in right panel.
    • Click or tap on the Account that is not syncing.
    • Click on Change mailbox sync setting.
    • Select “as item arrives” under Download new content.
    • Toggle Email to ON under Sync options.
    • Check and verify that sync works now.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to move items in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Unable move items

2. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mail and post items: I accidentally created outlook folders as journal and calendar entries. How do I change the folder type or get my emails to a new mail and post items folder- outlook 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-post-items/332e4a8a-c04f-4103-8fea-13658788c829
  3. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail and post items: I accidentally created outlook folders as journal and calendar entries. How do I change the folder type or get my emails to a new mail and post items folder- outlook 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-post-items/332e4a8a-c04f-4103-8fea-13658788c829
  4. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items: When I put the taskbar on the BOTTOM, I'm ABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next. When I put the taskbar on the TOP, I'm UNABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next. I do NOT have the taskbar locked and have checked all...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Unable to move messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App Unable to move messages: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on a message I get a context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' the following appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all...
  7. Windows Mail - Sent Items

Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  8. Move item to taskbar.

Move item to taskbar.: I want Desktop icon "PBS Schedules" moved to task bar. Searched but cannot find. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-item-to-taskbar/349fe060-5e77-407f-913a-70279303b7ad
  9. Deleted items in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted items in Windows Mail: I have some 300 items in my Windows Mail deleted folder. Is there any way I can tell Mail to hold only the latest 50 deleted items only rather than occasionally enter the folder and delete a number of older items by hand? Thanks in advance for all help. 150705
  10. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to drag items / move items from desktop: Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up...