Windows 10: unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067

Discus and support unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had old PC with windows 10 Home , with retail license , and activated. it showed in activation page that it is activated and linked to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdenBase07, Oct 1, 2021.

1. unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067

Hi, I had old PC with windows 10 Home , with retail license , and activated. it showed in activation page that it is activated and linked to my microsoft account. I verified it is retail using the slmgr -dli command. I also run app pc audit to make sure I have correct product key as I have in my mail. I read I must unregister the license from old pc and so I did running : slmgr.vbs /upk & /cpky when I tried using the key on the new computer it does not let me and say : tried the troubleshooting which does not find anything and allows me only to run "I changed h

:)

EdenBase07, Oct 1, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 1, 2021
  3. PKJ
    pkj Win User
    Unable to reactivate windows on a new PC

I had earlier asked a question here on SU.SE. It was suggested to me that I should firstly deactivate windows on older PC and then try to activate windows on the new PC. I have deactivated windows on the older PC by slmgr /upk, but I am unable to activate windows on the new PC.

I have followed Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Unable to Activate Windows > See other devices linked to your Microsoft account, I get the following message (attached as image). In the attached image my windows is listed, but mentions as Windows isn't Activated and I do not get the option to select the windows.

Have I followed a wrong procedure? What should I do next?

unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067 7iLAC.png

PS: I have a Retail license of Windows

unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067 LTP2X.jpg

4. krimetal Win User

unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067

1. unable to move retail license of windows 10 to new pc , getting 0x803fa067 - Similar Threads - unable move retail

2. Windows 10 retail license deactivation/activation when moving to a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 retail license deactivation/activation when moving to a new PC: I am a little confused on proper workflow. I am building a new PC and want to move my Windows 10 Home version retail license to the new PC. I will install Windows 10 from a USB stick, so it will be a new installation. I understand I am supposed to first deactivate my license...
  3. Windows 10 retail license deactivation/activation when moving to a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 retail license deactivation/activation when moving to a new PC: I am a little confused on proper workflow. I am building a new PC and want to move my Windows 10 Home version retail license to the new PC. I will install Windows 10 from a USB stick, so it will be a new installation. I understand I am supposed to first deactivate my license...
  4. Windows 10 retail license deactivation/activation when moving to a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble moving digital retail Windows license to new PC activation fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble moving digital retail Windows license to new PC activation fails: Hi.I have an insane trouble with Windows activation on new PC and could not find way of getting real support.Back in a day I purchased Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft Store, so Digital Retail license.PC was updated to Windows 11 Pro and was working and activated.PC...
  6. Trouble moving digital retail Windows license to new PC activation fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble moving digital retail Windows license to new PC activation fails: Hi.I have an insane trouble with Windows activation on new PC and could not find way of getting real support.Back in a day I purchased Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft Store, so Digital Retail license.PC was updated to Windows 11 Pro and was working and activated.PC...
  7. Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  8. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Retail License

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Retail License: Hi there After a fiasco with a digital license that couldn't activate my fault I just went and got a retail license product key for another PC in my home that isn't in use anymore. If I try and enter the key under the settings tab for activation, I get error 0xC004f213...
  9. Unable to Reactivate Windows 10 (0x803FA067)

Unable to Reactivate Windows 10 (0x803FA067): For the past couple of years, I have been using Windows 10 which I had received for free from Microsoft. It had originally been a copy of 8.1 that I had physically purchased, but now I am unable to reactivate windows 10 after installing new hardware. I had installed a new...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...