Windows 10: unable to move tiles?

Discus and support unable to move tiles? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have had this issue for a while now. been unable to solve it until today *Smile I have tried many bits of advice, to no avail. I wont go into what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kingston, May 3, 2017.

1. kingston Win User

unable to move tiles?

i have had this issue for a while now. been unable to solve it until today *Smile
    I have tried many bits of advice, to no avail. I wont go into what I have tried as it is a lot of data.
    this is the only way I have been able to solve the issue!
    first you will need to make a iso of your OS.
    To find the system image creation tool, press Start and type “file history“. The automatic search will display the File History entry first, so click this to open the File History tool, then System Image Backup in the lower left corner. as you go through in option choose dl updates.
    then burn to disk.
    do not boot from this disk unless you want to repair start up or clean install.
    while running your system put disc into cd/dvd rom. open disc and click on setup if auto run is off.
    when you come to the choices, choose upgrade.
    wait until it completes. your system will shut down several times and it will take a while.
    after its completed and restarted you will find you are now able to move your tiles into the groups you have.
    i wasted a lot of time looking for info on this and all so called tips to solve it, they were a bust. don't bother looking.

using NVidia gpu has nothing to do with the issue.

:)

kingston, May 3, 2017

2. unable to move apps to SD ccard

After formatting my SD card with pc I inserted it back to my phone.I kept all my default storage setting to SD card.when I try to move apps from my phone to SD card still I am not able to move or install them on SD card

Krish....., May 3, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    unable to move apps to SD ccard

Then the SD card has a problem or the phone has a problem with the card.

Does other media work from the card?

Without knowing anything about the card and what you did to get it ready to install in the phone you should save any other content you have on the card and format it.

You can format it on the phone or with a PC. Phone - settings, storage sense, tap the SD card, format is on the bottom of the next page. PC - format it to FAT32 if 32 GB or less and exFAT if it is greater than 32GB. Then reinstall the card without transferring
    any files to it from the PC.

garym123, May 3, 2017
Thema:

unable to move tiles?

1. unable to move tiles? - Similar Threads - unable move tiles

2. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  3. Can't move some of the start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move some of the start tiles: Hello, I'm not able to move the Documents, Music, Video, Downloads or Pictures start tiles. I can add/remove them and resize them, but my computer won't let me move them. I can click and drag them around, but they return to the same spot when I release the mouse button....
  4. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  5. Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move only tile, C:, everything else moves!: Hey guys! All the tiles on my start menu can be resized and moved around as I need, EXCEPT for my C: drive! It's been like this for months now, and I keep everything on my laptop up to date. I've rebooted many, many times over the last few months. I don't think it's a...
  6. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  7. unable to rmove app tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to rmove app tile: have been trying to remove an app >>tile<<; the programe (does not show in progs) has been removed and i have also gone into comp>c>(programfiles/users/windows) and removed all associated folders but it still shows up When i expand it get > Empty< in the pop-out, note...
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  9. Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.: The tiles are inconsistent in placement and trying to order them with the mouse moves other tiles in all directions. I have not tried to do a clean install of 10074 because I have quite a few third party programs installed to make sure they work with Windows 10. I am...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437