Windows 10: Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

Discus and support Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago, I decided to restart my Windows HP laptop because I was having some issues with it. Since I planned to continue using it, I chose the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fernsong, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Fernsong Win User

Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

A few days ago, I decided to restart my Windows HP laptop because I was having some issues with it. Since I planned to continue using it, I chose the quicker option to just clean my files. However, while resetting, I ran into a problem where the PC would stop resetting at about 45% and say something along the lines of "There was an error resetting your PC. No changes were made". I asked on a different site about this and I was told to try installing Windows using a copy from a flash drive. Since the only other PC I'm currently able to use is an HP Chromebook, I went to the Windows site and I downloaded the 64-bit Windows 10 software, which is 4.9 GB. I then emptied out my 16 GB Flash drive by moving it's contents to a WD Passport and attempted to move the Windows ISO from the Chromebook to my flash drive. The problem is that it will only move 4 GB before saying that the drive is unusable and not moving anything else. I find this weird, since I was able to move the ISO to my WD as well (since I had originally planned to use it to upload the ISO). Do I have to format my flash drive to the Chromebook for it to be able to be moved? And if I do, will I be able to unformat it to move it to my reset HP laptop?

:)

Fernsong, Sep 17, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

As long as the flash drive is MBR, with a FAT32 partition marked as active. Then you can copy and paste all the files and folders from a mounted Windows 10 installation ISO file to it and it will be universally bootable.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2020
  3. 2 each 16 GB vs. 1 each 32 GB flash drive. Windows 10 OS

Have a failing Hard Drive. Will need a 32 GB flash drive to transfer the contents of the Hard Drive.

Question: Can I use my two 16 GB flash drives or must I purchase one 32 GB flash drive? Are you not suppose to switch

flash drives during the down load procedure?

Also, here on the forums am finding problems with failure to recognize a flash drive.

Do I need a 2.0 or 3.0 to down load my Windows 10 and other files?

Thank you for help provided by the community.

B L.

BarbaraLarnce, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

1. Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Unable move ISO

2. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16 gb 7.88 gb usable: HelloI have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont...
  3. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16 gb 7.88 gb usable: HelloI have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont...
  4. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I know this isn't win10, but It says my flash drive is 4 gb although its actually 16 gb,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I know this isn't win10, but It says my flash drive is 4 gb although its actually 16 gb,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/omarsalah722 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1xmu7/i_know_this_isnt_win10_but_it_says_my_flash_drive/
  6. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32 GB flash drive to install windows 10: I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it up and it was mixed answers for whatever reason. Please help I’m building my pc today or tomorrow submitted by...
  7. Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to move Windows 10 ISO to 16 GB Flash Drive: A few days ago, I decided to restart my Windows HP laptop because I was having some issues with it. Since I planned to continue using it, I chose the quicker option to just clean my files. However, while resetting, I ran into a problem where the PC would stop resetting at...
  8. Recovery Media Creator on Dell Inspiron 3671 requires >16 GB USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Media Creator on Dell Inspiron 3671 requires >16 GB USB flash drive: The instructions for creating a system image recovery USB drive using Microsoft's Recovery Media Creator on a Dell Inspiron 3671 desktop purchased December 2019 requires a 16GB USB flash drive. However, each time the process failed with the error message ""We can't create...
  9. Windows 10 moving with flash drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 moving with flash drive: I have my PC reg with microsoft all the Windows info and version,can i get windows on a memory stick of the version on my broken PC and move it to another?I might need to do tht if the HD is broken,i bought (its in the mail) the same PC but it dosent come with an OS just the...
  10. Unable to move Outlook 16 .OST file location to D:\ drive!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to move Outlook 16 .OST file location to D:\ drive!: Moving email accounts from old pc Windows 7 Outlook 2007 new pc with Windows 10 Pro and Office 365 Personal for a local church. I have been able to move the Data File for two Outlook.com Data Files to the D:\Users\username\Documents\Outlook Files folder successfully but...