Windows 10: Unable to navigate through tabs using Ctrl keys

Discus and support Unable to navigate through tabs using Ctrl keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm unable to navigate through the tabs (from one tab to another) using Ctrl + PgUp/PgDn shortcut from my Dell laptop. Could you please advise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anu92, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Anu92 Win User

Unable to navigate through tabs using Ctrl keys

Hi,

I'm unable to navigate through the tabs (from one tab to another) using Ctrl + PgUp/PgDn shortcut from my Dell laptop. Could you please advise how this can be resolved?

:)

Anu92, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to navigate through tabs using Ctrl keys - Similar Threads - Unable navigate through

2. Navigating folders and files-using typing keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigating folders and files-using typing keys: Suppose we have numerous folders and different kinds of files in a folder and I am looking for one that begins with "E". We know that pressing E will highlight everything that begins with E one by one in an order, every time we press the E key. What I am trying to find out is...
  3. Navigating folders and files-using typing keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigating folders and files-using typing keys: Suppose we have numerous folders and different kinds of files in a folder and I am looking for one that begins with "E". We know that pressing E will highlight everything that begins with E one by one in an order, every time we press the E key. What I am trying to find out is...
  4. shortcuts using ctrl key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcuts using ctrl key: shortcuts using ctrl key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-using-ctrl-key/3bb6319d-1034-4cd7-b894-d35057968a64
  5. shortcuts using ctrl key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts using ctrl key: shortcuts using ctrl key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-using-ctrl-key/3bb6319d-1034-4cd7-b894-d35057968a64
  6. tab and left ctrl keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tab and left ctrl keys stopped working: hello microsoft answers, today both my tab key and left ctrl key randomly stopped working. every other key works fine except for those two, coincidentally my 2 most used keys. ive tried searching online for answers but they keep giving me solutions for the tab + left ctrl...
  7. Unable to use keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to use keys: I'm trying to use my keys but there is a beeping noise and coming from all of them and they're all being unresponsive. I am only able to use my mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-keys/9548b85e-4c89-42c7-bbec-1b6aee153137
  8. Remap Alt + Tab App Navigation Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remap Alt + Tab App Navigation Keys: When I Alt + Tab, is there anyway to change the keys I use to navigate between app windows from Left/Right to J/K? Thanks! submitted by /u/blobbymcblobface2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifbdrq/remap_alt_tab_app_navigation_keys/
  9. Unable to navigate bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to navigate bios: Hi, I have just cloned my HDD to a SSD. Fitted the SSD into the laptop but when I switch on I see a message PXE-MOF Exiting Intel PXE ROM If upon startup I press F2 I then enter the bios. I am unable to move across the columns to BIOS as the left right arrows do nothing....
  10. Navigate through "all apps" menu using key presses

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigate through "all apps" menu using key presses: This is driving me a bit crazy and I have a sinking Microsoft feeling that there is nothing I can do about it. I have put a couple of shortcuts to files I open quite a lot in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs ... these are not picked up by the method of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to ctrl and pgup pgdn