Windows 10: unable to nroll over to a larger HD

Discus and support unable to nroll over to a larger HD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Win 10 Computer & i want to roll the HD over to a Larger HD. I want to also reformat the larger HD but there is no icon showing on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parker41, Jun 13, 2019.

1. parker41 Win User

unable to nroll over to a larger HD

I have an HP Win 10 Computer & i want to roll the HD over to a Larger HD.
    I want to also reformat the larger HD but there is no icon showing on my Computer
    for this Drive. Tried another Comp & it does not show up either. I rolled this Machine a few years back with Acronis
    and has been working fine since so what am I doing wrong? TIA

:)

parker41, Jun 13, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Jun 13, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

unable to nroll over to a larger HD [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. unable to nroll over to a larger HD - Similar Threads - unable nroll larger

2. Cloned original HD in my HP 2540p HD, WIN7 Pro 64-bit to a larger SSD. MS disabled WIN7 on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned original HD in my HP 2540p HD, WIN7 Pro 64-bit to a larger SSD. MS disabled WIN7 on...: I cloned the original HD on my HP 2540p HD WIN7 Pro 64-bit to a larger faster SSD. Worked great. I even purchased and installed Office 13 so that I could work on a few documents for a non-profit where I volunteer. All was going well. I like the small footprint of this little...
  3. Unable to install realtek HD driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install realtek HD driver: I have recently got a new pc and I was trying to fix some issues with my mic buzzing and echoing. I was told to install realtek drivers from their website. I installed the drivers and when I load up the install wizard I get a pop-up which says "install realtek HD audio driver...
  4. Unable to install realtek HD driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install realtek HD driver: I have recently got a new pc and I was trying to fix some issues with my mic buzzing and echoing. I was told to install realtek drivers from their website. I installed the drivers and when I load up the install wizard I get a pop-up which says "install realtek HD audio driver...
  5. Unable to install realtek HD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Unable to download larger files with any browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download larger files with any browser: Following the most recent Windows 10 update I'm unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any browser - I 've tried Firefox, Chrome, and also Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have run sfc, I have reset my router, plus...
  7. Need to upgrade SSD to a larger SSD, how to move license over?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to upgrade SSD to a larger SSD, how to move license over?: I have purchased an OEM laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. The laptop packaging box or label on the back of the laptop did not have a Window 10 product key listed anywhere. However I've found the product key from command line like so which gives me a 25 digit key wmic...
  8. unable to roll over to a larger HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to roll over to a larger HD: I have an HP Win 10 Computer & i want to roll the HD over to a Larger HD. I want to also reformat the larger HD but there is no icon showing on my Computer for this Drive. Tried another Comp & it does not show up either. I rolled this Machine a few years back with Acronis and...
  9. I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd: I have a Lenovo yoga that has win10 pro that was upgraded from win 8.1 in both cases I never had a product code win 8.1 was oem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-win-10-to-new-larger-hd/59f144e0-92cf-4f2b-a965-37cd3a7949f9
  10. Larger print

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Larger print: I have the Weather Network on my laptop with Windows 10 - it is very small print and I can hardly read it - how do I make this version larger to it is easier to read? Thanks - daisyjan...