Windows 10: unable to nroll over to a larger HD

Discus and support unable to nroll over to a larger HD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Win 10 Computer & i want to roll the HD over to a Larger HD. I want to also reformat the larger HD but there is no icon showing on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parker41, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM.

1. parker41 Win User

unable to nroll over to a larger HD

I have an HP Win 10 Computer & i want to roll the HD over to a Larger HD.
    I want to also reformat the larger HD but there is no icon showing on my Computer
    for this Drive. Tried another Comp & it does not show up either. I rolled this Machine a few years back with Acronis
    and has been working fine since so what am I doing wrong? TIA

:)

2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

unable to nroll over to a larger HD [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

Thema:

1. unable to nroll over to a larger HD - Similar Threads - unable nroll larger

2. unable to roll over to a larger HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to roll over to a larger HD: I have an HP Win 10 Computer & i want to roll the HD over to a Larger HD. I want to also reformat the larger HD but there is no icon showing on my Computer for this Drive. Tried another Comp & it does not show up either. I rolled this Machine a few years back with Acronis and...
  3. I'd like to superpose a video over a larger image to serve as background but don't want the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'd like to superpose a video over a larger image to serve as background but don't want the...: I'd like to superpose a video over a larger static image to serve as background, But the white space in the video margin spoils the effect. Can the white space be removed somehow? I'd appreciate a suggestion....
  4. Unable to access shared files over OpenVPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared files over OpenVPN: I have an OpenVPN set up on my router and I'm able to connect to it to access my router, switch, NAS, etc via browser on my phone. I'm also able to access shared files from my Windows 10 computer on my phone using a file manager app (Solid Explorer). However, I'm not able to...
  5. I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd: I have a Lenovo yoga that has win10 pro that was upgraded from win 8.1 in both cases I never had a product code win 8.1 was oem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-win-10-to-new-larger-hd/59f144e0-92cf-4f2b-a965-37cd3a7949f9
  6. Unable to play music over Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play music over Bluetooth: I have windows 10 installed on my pc, I'm able to send and recieve files from my android phone but not able to play music on pc via phone using Bluetooth please help! Also there is not showing connected devices (Bluetooth) in "This PC"...
  7. Larger print

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Larger print: I have the Weather Network on my laptop with Windows 10 - it is very small print and I can hardly read it - how do I make this version larger to it is easier to read? Thanks - daisyjan...
  8. Unable to share files over Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...
  9. Can't use 1080p on full HD TV over Miracast

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't use 1080p on full HD TV over Miracast: Hi, I'm currently using my Notebook to connect to my LG webOS LH6000 TV and while the connection works, I can't seem to change the resolution. My notebook screen is 1366x768 natively. My TV is 1920x1080. The steps I take to connect are: Win+P, connect to a wireless...
  10. HD over 98% active - culprit: Modern Setup Host?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HD over 98% active - culprit: Modern Setup Host?: For the past couple of days my laptop (ASUS X750JA with Intel Core i7 4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz + 6GB RAM, running 64-bit Windows 10) has been very sluggish, with newly opened windows often showing the 'Not Responding' message. On the Task Manager 'Performance' tab, I see my main...