Windows 10: Unable to open a file

Discus and support Unable to open a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello I am trying to open a file but it is telling the app or file cannot be opened and I have to have the right app to open. This is what it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kennethoppong1, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Unable to open a file

hello I am trying to open a file but it is telling the app or file cannot be opened and I have to have the right app to open. This is what it says

Exporting+sql+query+results+into+flats+files.

What do I need to download in other to open the file so I can use it in my ssis.

:)

kennethoppong1, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 18, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Unable to open a file [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to open a file

Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open a file

1. Unable to open a file - Similar Threads - Unable open file

2. Unable to open specific files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open specific files: Hello,I'm not sure if this is good place to ask this, but here it goes.Recently few co-workers are unable to open specific excel files, even copy or open some pdf-s. All are using Office 365 packages and the only difference is Win10 or Win11. Every person on Win11 can see...
  3. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  4. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  5. Unable to open downloaded files

Unable to open downloaded files: Suddenly today I am unable to open any downloaded item. I get the message: Windows cannot find 'C:\users....jpg'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. Any ideas?...
  6. Unable to open files

Unable to open files: When I try to open Word or Excell files, I get an error message "access to xyz file denined. Can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-files/97e30e15-0bc5-4efd-8276-92f6e39e57e2"
  7. unable to open files

unable to open files: I have Embriliance Essential for Embroidery and all of a sudden I cannot open any of the files, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-files/31374ab5-5bd8-43ee-b0c4-1da4a5f61c9e"
  8. Unable to open .mht files

Unable to open .mht files: I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open .mht files, even when I am the one who saved them to this computer and on this software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-mht-files/84d6c0a5-57c4-4f60-aa68-3955f445ff4b"
  9. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  10. Unable to open .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open .bat file: As the title says - I'm unable to open .bat files and it's driving me absolutely nuts*Dinesh Previously I had Windows 7 and all was well until I upgraded. I miss using .bat files so much that if I can't solve this I will seriously consider going back to Windows 7 as I have a...