Windows 10: Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand

Discus and support Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there I am posting this as a last resort to get some help, I have already contacted MS Support but we are just going around and around in circle... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ChrisMacKay1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand

Hi there

I am posting this as a last resort to get some help, I have already contacted MS Support but we are just going around and around in circle because they are not listening to our issue.

We are unable to open a Microsoft Developer Account when the location is set to New Zealand, I have tried various different details and credentials and have found that is the issue. Opening one with my location set to Australia works.

The steps below to reproduce are:

• Click "Sign up to Microsoft Developer Account
    • Login with Microsoft Account
    • Choose my Location (New Zealand)
    • Choose type of account (Company)
    • Put in my contact Details
    • Put in Company Approver Details
    • Click next and then I get the error message (Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.)

Could someone please assist me with this? The standard MS Technical Support are unable to help me. The error details are as below:

CorrelationID: d8021028-b786-4a6c-995a-9748d3ccfe05

Correlation Vector: VEakifwk7kS+ZlWh.0

App Server:

Date: 22 Jan 2019 16:29:58 -08:00

We have had a Support Ticket open for weeks now but can't seem to convey that there is a serious issue here, presumably no one in New Zealand are able to open an account. This is unacceptable.

:)

ChrisMacKay1, Feb 10, 2019

2. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 10, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand

Windows 10 Calendar Dates Offset - New Zealand

Hi Jenith,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, the same issue is present on the new account I created.

These are the steps I went through:

• Created a new outlook address and account through Settings>Accounts>Family & other users>Add someone else to this PC.
    • Signed into the newly created account and linked the new email address to the Calendar app.
    • Selected "More calendars" from the bottom-left corner of the calendar app and selected New Zealand from the list of holiday calendars.
    The dates in the newly created calendar were all offset by one day.

Thanks,

Johnny

Johnny825720, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand

1. Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand - Similar Threads - Unable Open Microsoft

2. My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...: I've gone into the windows settings, tried turning all the location settings off and on, tried setting a default location as the correct one, tried clearing location history, tried going into Services.msc to change Geolocation to Automatic, run a virus scan a few times in...
  3. My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is showing completely the wrong location - I live in New Zealand and it's...: I've gone into the windows settings, tried turning all the location settings off and on, tried setting a default location as the correct one, tried clearing location history, tried going into Services.msc to change Geolocation to Automatic, run a virus scan a few times in...
  4. Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows: Guys i tried installing a new and reached where it says connect to wifi to finish the installation and it connected well but am not able to connect to my Microsoft account while installing the new windows 10 but also i had formatted my hard drive containing the previous...
  5. Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows

Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows: Guys i tried installing a new and reached where it says connect to wifi to finish the installation and it connected well but am not able to connect to my Microsoft account while installing the new windows 10 but also i had formatted my hard drive containing the previous...
  6. Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription: I'm in New Zealand. OneDrive on my Windows11 PC has a button I can click to get an annual subscription for approx $NZ3.00+. When I click that to proceed it takes me to UKPound prices. The problem is that it won't let me choose New Zealand as my location. It has a short list...
  8. It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription

It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription: I'm in New Zealand. OneDrive on my Windows11 PC has a button I can click to get an annual subscription for approx $NZ3.00+. When I click that to proceed it takes me to UKPound prices. The problem is that it won't let me choose New Zealand as my location. It has a short list...
  9. Unable to set location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set location: I go to the Privacy, then Location. But I can’t toggle the button, it is not working. How can I set location on my Windows 10 PC? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-location/9a7b9977-2f23-48e4-9b71-2d997de2824b
  10. Keyboard setting for New Zealand

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard setting for New Zealand: I can only find UK, can anyone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-setting-for-new-zealand/984ec166-3903-4f65-866a-8e37750a3783