Windows 10: Unable to open a particular site

Discus and support Unable to open a particular site in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have problem accessing a particular site, it used to work without any issues but recently the page stopped responding, I have tried different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brummyfan, Jul 23, 2021.

1. brummyfan Win User

Unable to open a particular site

I have problem accessing a particular site, it used to work without any issues but recently the page stopped responding, I have tried different browsers, used different DNS addresses, cleared the cache, tried in different laptops with different OS(Win10&Win11), I have found two errors in Develeoper tools but I don't understand what they mean, could someone please help me, TIA.

:)

brummyfan, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

One Particular Program Will Not Open

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to launch an application.

As you have mentioned the game was originally released for Windows 98/ME/XP, it could be possible that the game might not be fully compatible with Windows 10.

We would suggest you to check the installed programs list to see whether the game was successfully installed or not. To check type: appwiz.cpl in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. Look for the game in the list.

If you do not find the game in the list, we would suggest you to try installing it again.
    After installing the game, refer the steps below to run the game in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the game file and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Now, under Compatibility mode, click on
      Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    4. Select Windows 98/ME/XP using the drop down menu.
    5. Click on OK and try running the game.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

We would also suggest you to contact the game manufacturer and check if the updated version of game is available, that can be run in Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 23, 2021
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
    Windows Update will not open in Settings

Yes.

4. Unable to open a particular site

internet explorer quit me when i open a particular site

When i open a particular site i.e bobibanking.com first it open the site and when it proceed to second screen it crashes...why...this happen several time and i am unable to check my bank accounts...pls suggest me what is going wrong.

surjit

Surjit Kar, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Unable to open a particular site

1. Unable to open a particular site - Similar Threads - Unable open particular

2. Unable to open microsoft site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open microsoft site: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 iso, but when I access the site with the modem at home, the site does not load completely, a white page opens. And when I log in with mobile internet, it opens and now I don't have mobile internet. How can I download the iso file?...
  3. Unable to open microsoft site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open microsoft site: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 iso, but when I access the site with the modem at home, the site does not load completely, a white page opens. And when I log in with mobile internet, it opens and now I don't have mobile internet. How can I download the iso file?...
  4. May Update Release Unable to Open Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    May Update Release Unable to Open Site: Greetings,What was working prior to the May release for Win10 update, no longer works.I can't get into a particular site even by ensuring Java is enabled for it via "Settings."Using Edge as browser. Brave works without issue.Login attempts display the following...It appears...
  5. May Update Release Unable to Open Site

May Update Release Unable to Open Site: Greetings,What was working prior to the May release for Win10 update, no longer works.I can't get into a particular site even by ensuring Java is enabled for it via "Settings."Using Edge as browser. Brave works without issue.Login attempts display the following...It appears...
  6. May Update Release Unable to Open Site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to Open Any 3rd Party Sites

Unable to Open Any 3rd Party Sites: I can´t open any application that are not owned by Microsoft. Ok so I shut down my laptop. Then the next day my logitech 203 lightsync mouse has the default light order, as I use a fixed lime lime color with no flashing light but lime. I open my laptop up as usual and open up...
  8. Particular app not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Particular app not opening: Hi all, I've a problem with an application not from microsoft though... After I've downloaded the latest update of video editing app "Hitfilm Express" it doesn't open, unlike the previous version. It says this: [ATTACH] I do not know whether the error is with the app or my...
  9. network error for particular site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network error for particular site: hello, i am facing problem in website opening and it only happened for particular site, if i am login in wordpress.com manytime is not working and it shown proxy error or server error. how can fixed ir Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Install, upgrade and activate...
  10. Unable to open few sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to open few sites: Hi, I have been using Windows 7 since 2014 but I recently updated windows 10 on my computer. But my problem is that I am unable to open some sites such as https://licindia.in/, https://www.sbimf.com/en-us, https://www.unifiedinfotech.net/, https://www.spotify.com/in/ and...