Windows 10: Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

Discus and support Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have Adobe set as the preferred PDF handler. When using the mailapp, and trying to open an attached PDF, an error window pops up. Heading is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ced2, Jul 17, 2019.

1. ced2 Win User

Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

We have Adobe set as the preferred PDF handler. When using the mailapp, and trying to open an attached PDF, an error window pops up.

Heading is Acrobat Reader, message is: "There was an error opening this document. The requested file operation failed because the storage policy blocks that type of file. For more information contact your system administrator."

This is a "home use" laptop and I am the "system administrator" and have no idea what is wrong.

We are using Windows 10 with the update to version 1903.

:)

2. muneebma Win User

Unable to open PDF attachments in email - Lumia 920

Hi,

I have installes PDF Reader app by Microsoft, but when try to open the PDF attachment in email, get fokkowing error.

Error Unable to open document.

muneebma, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

Adobe 2.0 Can't Open PDF Email Attachments

Hi. I am using WM5 on an HTC Wizard. I installed Adobe 2.0 for viewing PDF's and it works great. The only problem I have is that I get an error every time I try to view a pdf that is an email attachment.

If I try to save the pdf attachment and then view it I get the same two errors listed above.

If I copy the pfd attachment from my PC to the device I can open it, but I suspect that is because some type of file conversion has taken place.

Should I be able to view pdf attachments on my device using adobe 2.0 or will the pdf attachments always need some type of coverting before I can view them on my device?

Adobe 2.0 works great, but so far I am unable to view pfd email attachments.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

CountryBob, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

1. Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp - Similar Threads - Unable open attached

2. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open attachments.: When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?...
  3. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open attachments.: When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?...
  4. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't open pdf email attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  6. Unable to open PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open PDF file: The income tax people need something from my last year's income tax filing and they are getting nasty about it. I filed online and kept a copy in Documents; a PDF file. I can't open it now; it keeps telling me "Something went wrong". Does anyone know how to get a PDF file...
  7. Unable to open a certain PDF attachment in Outlook. Gives the error message "Cannot write...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open a certain PDF attachment in Outlook. Gives the error message "Cannot write...: [ATTACH] This only happens with this one particular PDF. Other PDFs have no issue. I have tried multiple readers on multiple machines and this file exhibits the same behaviors. Windows 10, v2004. I have tried the advice in this article which did not yield any results:...
  8. Unable to open PDF on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open PDF on PC: Unable to display a previous reconciliation statement due not having Adobe - does anyone else have a fix for this? ***Original title: Displaying previous Bank Reconciliation in QB 2019 - states I need PDF?***...
  9. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...
  10. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments: I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com