Windows 10: unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

Discus and support unable to open any downloads like PDF files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MuskaNawabi, Jan 16, 2020.

1. unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college student and I need some files to open in order for me to do my work. I tried searching in setting if there was anything that I had clicked without me realizing, but nothing is wrong with the settings. does anyone know how to solve this problem? pls let me know. I am frustrated as to why I cant open any files and downloads of any pdf.

:)

MuskaNawabi, Jan 16, 2020

2. Unable to download or open PDF file.

Unable to download or open PDF file.

- a PDF file was sent to from a Hotmail email: I'm unable to download the file from the mail app, when downloaded from the web client, the file is unable to open.

- When i forward the file to a gmail account it open just fine.

So the problem doesn't lie with the file but with the Microsoft mail services

Any advices on what cause the issues ? ? ? or how to resolve it ? ?

Dray A Leo, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Manku41 Win User

unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

1. unable to open any downloads like PDF files. - Similar Threads - unable open downloads

2. I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...: I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it shows this, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect....
  3. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser: I can't open .zip files anymore. I get an error: "filepath The package is currently not available". The issue persists with downloads from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, from any website from which I try to download. I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and kept my old...
  4. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser: I can't open .zip files anymore. I get an error: "filepath The package is currently not available". The issue persists with downloads from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, from any website from which I try to download. I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and kept my old...
  5. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to open PDF file

Unable to open PDF file: The income tax people need something from my last year's income tax filing and they are getting nasty about it. I filed online and kept a copy in Documents; a PDF file. I can't open it now; it keeps telling me "Something went wrong". Does anyone know how to get a PDF file...
  7. Cannot open any PDF File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  8. Unable to open PDF files after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open PDF files after updates: Received recent updates and now when I try to open a PDF, I get two error messages: [ATTACH] when I click OK, get this message [ATTACH] HOWEVER, when I forward PDF to my gmail account and open while in google/gmail, file opens OK, no error message. what's wrong?...
  9. Unable to open PDF files since update

Unable to open PDF files since update: Since the last Windows 10 update, I have been unable to open any PDF files, without going through another source (normally a web browser such as Chrome or Edge). When trying to open the PDF directly, I get the error " Windows cannot find (enter the file name of PDF here)....
  10. Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser: Recently, I've realized whenever I try to access any PDF or download any EXE file using Windows 10, it never downloads. It's constantly stuck in "Waiting for connection", it happens in all browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge). However, if I boot up a virtual machine using...