Windows 10: Unable to open ANY Microsoft applications

Discus and support Unable to open ANY Microsoft applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been on this mystery trail for over 24 hours thanks to one of the many awful windows update. After the recent update that I have installed, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmethystBabez, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Unable to open ANY Microsoft applications

I have been on this mystery trail for over 24 hours thanks to one of the many awful windows update. After the recent update that I have installed, my Windows Setting App would not open as well. It would just flash on the screen and disappears quickly. I have spent several hours figuring out my Settings App. I was finally able to get the Settings App to open successfully. Now, I still cannot open any Microsoft applications such as Mail, Clock, Calendar, Sticky Notes and etc. I have tried to reset the Microsoft store application but that doesn't work. I do plan on making a trip to the Microsoft store because I am wasting a lot of time and cannot figure it out. Any Suggestions?

submitted by /u/AmethystBabez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AmethystBabez, Nov 19, 2019
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Nov 19, 2019
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Unable to open ANY Microsoft applications

Unable to open applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to open application. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the issue persists to the apps downloaded from the Windows store or does the issue persists in all the applications. When you say that a small icon appears in the task bar when you try to open, is
    it the icon of the program that you are trying to open?

If the issue persists to the application downloaded from windows store,
    I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open ANY Microsoft applications

1. Unable to open ANY Microsoft applications - Similar Threads - Unable open Microsoft

2. applications unable to open correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    applications unable to open correctly.: Ive been trying to download some games to play on my pc, its a hp windows 10 64 laptop. im not sure if this issue is just because its a laptop or not, however its very annoying. im able to download the context and it appears on my desktop but they always have the shield icon...
  3. applications unable to open correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications unable to open correctly.: Ive been trying to download some games to play on my pc, its a hp windows 10 64 laptop. im not sure if this issue is just because its a laptop or not, however its very annoying. im able to download the context and it appears on my desktop but they always have the shield icon...
  4. Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...: Hi,This is Surya, A Tech Support Engineer .I am facing an issue with the new update of windows 11 to one of my colleague laptop, When we are trying to open any application with have open with 2 windows or pages or 2 task the application can not be able to open from the task...
  5. Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...

Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...: Hi,This is Surya, A Tech Support Engineer .I am facing an issue with the new update of windows 11 to one of my colleague laptop, When we are trying to open any application with have open with 2 windows or pages or 2 task the application can not be able to open from the task...
  6. Office 365 Applications unable to open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 365 Applications unable to open: "This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." This is the error message I get when trying to open any office 365 applications. I'm not really sure when this actually happened, because I have not...
  7. Unable to open either Office applications or any documents related. Persistent 'Windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open either Office applications or any documents related. Persistent 'Windows...: Suddenly this morning we find that all office applications will not open and related files, even though they are present and we can navigate to them, will not open. When we click on a given file, we get the error 'Windows cannot find C:\Users\<user account>\<file location>,...
  8. unable to open microsoft store or any apps

unable to open microsoft store or any apps: unable to open Microsoft store or any apps that came with windows 10. message appears: need new app for MS-windows-store link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-microsoft-store-or-any-apps/9123586c-1de8-4d15-aa60-e50ab2624e6b
  9. I can't open any microsoft application that was installed in Microsoft Store

I can't open any microsoft application that was installed in Microsoft Store: Hello, Please help me. I can't open any microsoft application including Microsoft Store. I think it was started after I updated my Windows 10. I have tried literally everything (cmd, store reset, power shell, etc) and I still can't open any Microsoft application. Do you have...
  10. Cannot open any Microsoft application

Cannot open any Microsoft application: Dear, Since I have my computer, I cannot open any microsoft pre-installed applications (calculator, skype, application store, Alarms & clock....) Upon I click on it, the app is opening but after 2-3 sec. it shut down. Please help. Thank you. Best regards, Maxime...