Windows 10: Unable to open any Windows Store apps

Discus and support Unable to open any Windows Store apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my computer to an AMD CPU and Motherboard. This seemed to work fine up until recently- now none of my Windows Store apps will open-... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MrWeavile, Mar 2, 2021.

1. MrWeavile Win User

Unable to open any Windows Store apps

I recently upgraded my computer to an AMD CPU and Motherboard. This seemed to work fine up until recently- now none of my Windows Store apps will open- not even Calculator.

I have tried wsreset.exe but this has not solved the issue.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

:)

MrWeavile, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to open any Windows Store apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 2, 2021
  3. I am unable to open Windows Store Apps, be it Store, Photos, Groove Music or any other app Windows 10.

Hi Abhishek,

If you have installed any third party antivirus software, ensure that it should not be blocking Windows store services.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the below app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try
    running the tool from the below link. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 2: I suggest you to check whether the Windows store service is stopped or running as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Windows Store Service and Stop it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Windows Store Service.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

unable to open windows store

Hi Nathan,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

If the issue persists, let's clear the files related to the Windows Store. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Services, and click on Services
      from the results.
    • The list of services will appear. Look for Windows Update on the list, right-click on it, and click
      Stop.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of its contents. To quickly go to this folder, you can paste the path on the address bar.
    • Go back to the Services window, and start the Windows Update service.
    • Open the store again.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further. 

Gino Des, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to open any Windows Store apps - Similar Threads - Unable open Store

2. Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.: Hello,Whenever I try to open a photo I get this kind of error.I also get this kind of error when I start my computer.When I try to open any app under the \WindowsApps\ folder it closes automatically.What information do you need to solve this problem?...
  3. Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.: Hello,Whenever I try to open a photo I get this kind of error.I also get this kind of error when I start my computer.When I try to open any app under the \WindowsApps\ folder it closes automatically.What information do you need to solve this problem?...
  4. Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install any apps on Windows Store

Unable to install any apps on Windows Store: I can't install any apps from the Windows Store. When pressing "Get", the screen refreshes and nothing changes. If the app has an "Install" button instead, when pressed it'll error out on "Acquiring Licenses". The error code is 0x8004E103.I have tried resetting the Windows...
  6. Unable to install any apps on Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install any apps on Windows Store: I can't install any apps from the Windows Store. When pressing "Get", the screen refreshes and nothing changes. If the app has an "Install" button instead, when pressed it'll error out on "Acquiring Licenses". The error code is 0x8004E103.I have tried resetting the Windows...
  7. Unable to install any apps on Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. unable to open any app in windows

unable to open any app in windows: hii, i am unable to open any windows app on my pc first i thought that it is due to that i have not update latest world but i have update to latest version of windows 10 but if i open any app [ for example if i open windows store to download any app but the store and shows...
  9. Unable to open any Microsoft Store Apps Even the Store itself

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open any Microsoft Store Apps Even the Store itself: When I open the app, it always prompt me this message.. FYI, I have the admin rights to this PC and this is my office PC.. I checked the Applocker and the Software Restriction in the Local Security Policy and Group Policy only to find nothing.. [ATTACH] This is my...
  10. unable to open microsoft store or any apps

unable to open microsoft store or any apps: unable to open Microsoft store or any apps that came with windows 10. message appears: need new app for MS-windows-store link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-microsoft-store-or-any-apps/9123586c-1de8-4d15-aa60-e50ab2624e6b