Windows 10: Unable to open apps / programs

Discus and support Unable to open apps / programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message: We're updating Photos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisVan Wyk1, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Unable to open apps / programs

Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message:

We're updating Photos. It should be ready to use shortly.

How do I fix?

:)

ChrisVan Wyk1, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to open apps / programs :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Unable to navigate and open programs

In safe mode, I did think it was acting slightly better. I tried to clean boot From safe mode but was unable to access the system config. I assumed my thought was incorrect. I restarted, then went through the Cboot steps. Please note: while going through the Cboot steps I noticed once I came to the task manager portion, the apps in this section were still disabled from the previous Cboot i did at your request. As I mentioned before, i was uncertain if i reversed the steps correctly. Should my mistake play a factor in anything thus far I wanted to let you know...
    I am now in a Cboot state and still feel as though "something" has my machine. Several flashes have taken place where the apps on my desktop flash and disappear for a micro second. Perhaps I am over sensitive now (OCD setting in). The apps/programs effected before did open with a bit more ease, but still doesn't feel 100% right, as it used to. I hope I'm doing this right. I'm pretty damn logical and intelligent, but alot of this stuff has humbled me! HA I am ready for hopefully a next step. Thank You!

e t

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Unable to open apps / programs

Add app/program to 'Open with' apps list

This is not helpful. Why wouldn't Microsoft apps like Power Point automatically open power point file types without excess difficulty. Programs that are rarely used appear in the open with list and magically, you're unable to navigate to your apps from
    the file folders provided.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open apps / programs

1. Unable to open apps / programs - Similar Threads - Unable open apps

2. Opening the Powerpoint App and Unable to Open it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening the Powerpoint App and Unable to Open it.: I am currently in school and have lecture PowerPoints. I am unable to open the PowerPoint app itself even when I am not trying to download a lecture. I end up getting an orange screen that says "Updating Office, please wait a moment" and then it ends up giving me another...
  3. Unable to open a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open a program: Hello, I am having problems with running as administrator. I am the only user on my computer. Its a admin account. When I go to run a programany program, when I right click, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. What do i do? [Original Title: Administrator]...
  4. Unable to open programs or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open programs or apps: I can't open any programs or apps, I've tried using start and through clicking it through the desktop. It seems like the only app i can open is Google Chrome and Discord, but that might be because theyre startup apps. submitted by /u/Prudent-Flow4720 [link] [comments]...
  5. Unable to open Office Starter programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Office Starter programs: starting today, and after latest updates and new feature update, unable to use word/excel. My computer has the office starter package, not the full versions. I get Application Virtualization Client could not lauch.. service is not running.. Error caode nis...
  6. Unable to open many programs

Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  7. Unable to open software accounting program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open software accounting program: When I try to open a software program I am met with the following error message - Error (Server=PETERHOBBS-PC\PTPACCOUNTS, Database=PTPACCTSNEW), Error=[Unspecifiederror], Description = [[DBNETLIB] [ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied.] I...
  8. Unable to Install/Open a Program from Microsoft App Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Install/Open a Program from Microsoft App Store: We are trying to install/open a new point of sale program on one of our work computers but whenever we click the install/open button nothing happens. It has worked fine on two of our other computers but not this one. It doesn't go to downloads or anything. Can anyone help...
  9. Opening programs/apps

Opening programs/apps: When I double click on an app or a program, I get a blue circle for a few seconds, it stops, and nothing happens. The program/app does not open. This happens to old and newly installed programs and apps. It happens off and on. Help?...
  10. Unable to navigate and open programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to navigate and open programs: You guys have had this before I can only imagine but didn't see this thread in this section. I have been fighting an issue for over a month. I think It started after I resubscribed to Kaspersky a few months ago. Most programs wont open or when they do its 10-15 min to do so....