Windows 10: Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

Discus and support Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My client has Office outlook 2007 installed on his laptop running Windows 10. Upon receipt of an email the attachment goes to his calendar. Up until 7... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bcloonan, Jun 29, 2017.

1. bcloonan Win User

Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

My client has Office outlook 2007 installed on his laptop running Windows 10. Upon receipt of an email the attachment goes to his calendar. Up until 7 days ago he was able to open the attachment/appointment directly from his calendar. The attachment/appointment is a .pdf file...I clicked on the attachment and a splash screen came up telling me he had to have "outlook" installed in order to view this file. Outlook is installed on the laptop! I was unable to open the file. He has outlook installed as well as Acrobat Reader XI. I tried right clicking on the file and received negative results. The problem just began appearing this week.
    He receives emails for his job...the supervisor invites him to accept the appointment or not. He accepts the appointment but then is unable to open the appointment/attachment.
    I recommended he download MS Office 365 which is what I have done, installing it on my Windows box and my Mac Mini. Not sure how to help him at this point.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers and beers!!
    Bill Cloonan

:)

bcloonan, Jun 29, 2017

2. N95 Calendar and Outlook Appointments

Anybody help? If I e-mail an Outlook appointment to my N95 e-mail account, whilst I can open the e-mail, when I come to open the attachment (the calendar appointment details) to store in my N95 calendar, I get a message pop-up that says "Unable to open.
    Object type not supported". This is such a problem for me that I am thinking of ditching the N95 and going back to a Windows device...although I don't really want to!

richb---01, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Microsoft account calendar vs Outlook calendar.

Well, that's not much help as an answer. The reality is that outlook.com app shows two calendars for one account, and these two don't share even though they are both in the same account. And the Outlook.com calendar doesn't even have an option to export
    the calendar so that Outlook (Office) can import it ( the opposite direction is possible). In effect there are two sets of Outlook.com appointments attached to one Microsoft email address. One has all my appointments and syncs to my mobile and other PC with
    the Outlook.com app. The other calendar syncs to my Outlook in Office , which has my Microsoft account address in it but doesn't receive my appointments that are recorded in outlook.com, which uses the same Microsoft account. This is a nightmare. I can set
    up my email address in Outlook, and get all my emails to sync into it, but not my appointments. In effect it means I can't switch to using Outlook in Office for my emails, because all my existing appointments are stuck in the outlook.com calendar - which
    defeats the object of having an integrated calendar and email programme.

What insanity created this mess?

TerryBernsteinwwwww, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

Hi Bill.

SInce you have the timing so exact could you please check the Windows Update history and see what updates have been installed. Likely one for Outlook that is causing issue.

I would also check the "Trust Center". Has been a long time since I use 2007. Click file, upper left, then options. In 2013 it is the last heading in navigation panel that opens.

I would also check defaults app. In default apps use the option to set by app. Select Adobe and then click option to assign all possible defaults (extensions) to Adobe.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 2, 2017
  5. bcloonan Win User
    Hello Ken,

Thanks for all of the tips...I'll check it out when i see my friend.
    Sounds like good advice to me. I'll repost when/if the problem is solved. Thanks again.

Cheers and beers,

R// Bill

bcloonan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

1. Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar - Similar Threads - Unable open attachment

2. Where are all my appointments from Windows Calendar app in the new Outlook calendar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are all my appointments from Windows Calendar app in the new Outlook calendar?: So Windows just switched me from the old Windows calendar app to the new Outlook calendar app automatically, and NONE of my calendar appointments are on there! I am absolutely freaking out, all my due dates and everything were there and now everything is gone. I assumed when...
  3. Where are all my appointments from Windows Calendar app in the new Outlook calendar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are all my appointments from Windows Calendar app in the new Outlook calendar?: So Windows just switched me from the old Windows calendar app to the new Outlook calendar app automatically, and NONE of my calendar appointments are on there! I am absolutely freaking out, all my due dates and everything were there and now everything is gone. I assumed when...
  4. Outlook 2019 Unable to view appointments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 Unable to view appointments: Windows 10 Pro, lots of memory, lots of everything Office 2019 Professional In Outlook 2019, email works fine. Until 2 days ago CALENDAR WORKED FINE. The ONLY thing I know of thats changed in the last couple days is Microsoft shoved a new Windows 10 update out 20H2 if I...
  5. Calendar appointment locations

Calendar appointment locations: I am having an issue adding an address to the calendar app. I used to be able to type in a street address for an appointment and the app would suggest locations and add them to the appointment and now it is saying it cannot find any addresses at all?...
  6. Cortana won't make appointment on my work outlook calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana won't make appointment on my work outlook calendar: Cortana will only use the calendar associated with my personal MS account, which is not one I ever use or look at in any way. I can't get cortana to make an appointment on my work outlook calendar, which is what I use in outlook. And in the windows calendar app! Everything...
  7. Outlook.live.com Calendar not Showing Appointments

Outlook.live.com Calendar not Showing Appointments: All it does is show "Loading your Events" in both Chrome and Edge. [img] Creating a New Event using the button top LH corner of Outlook then causes the appointment to appear. The calendar is synced to my iphone calendar which displays everything ok I've used the fix here:...
  8. Open Outlook Attachment With...

Open Outlook Attachment With...: Win10 1909. If I receive a JPEG attached to an Outlook 2019 email I click to open it... [img] Problem is that this selection does not persist in Outlook, the next time I open a JPEG attachment I again get this selection window. The setting persists for all other...
  9. Unable to open Calendar in Outlook

Unable to open Calendar in Outlook: Since a recent update I have been unable to open any of the other Apps in Outlook when using Edge. I cannot access Calendar, People, One Drive etc. Any links in the emails will not open which was never a problem before the update. If I switch to IE there is no problem with...
  10. Calendar appointments not shown on agenda.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar appointments not shown on agenda.: [ATTACH] It's shown on calendar app but It isn't shown on agenda. Please help, Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-appointments-not-shown-on-agenda/e80af1cd-fc02-4db2-8f5b-0ecdd5bf406e