Windows 10: Unable to open attachments.

Discus and support Unable to open attachments. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gary Daniels1, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Unable to open attachments.

When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?

:)

Gary Daniels1, Sep 22, 2022

2. will not open attachment in an email

Hi Dave,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about opening email attachments. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• How do you access your Email?
    • If you are using a browser, have you tried using a different browser?
    • Have you also tried to clear the cache and cookies of your browsers?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

If you are using an Outlook application to open emails, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . You can follow the steps provided in the issue #1.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Sep 22, 2022
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Unable to open attachments.

Mail not opening attachments

Hi Len,

For us to narrow down your concern with your mail attachment, we would like to know the following:

• What email program are you referring to?
    • When you open your email attachments, are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Unable to open attachments.

1. Unable to open attachments. - Similar Threads - Unable open attachments

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open attachments.: When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?...
  4. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open attachments.: When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?...
  5. opening attachments

opening attachments: how can I open email attachments in PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-attachments/33c93d30-c3a8-42b6-820b-3f9015b5e555
  6. Can't open attachments

Can't open attachments: For some reason I can no longer open attachments received in emails. I use Outlook Hotmail. ???? It seems like it happened after a recent Microsoft update, but I'm not sure. I can't open jpg, pdf, etc....
  7. opening email attachments

opening email attachments: When I want to open an email attachment, the system forces me to save it to a file first before opening it. I used to be able to open it first and then if I want to save it. What setting do I need to change to be able to open it without having to save it?...
  8. Open Outlook Attachment With...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Outlook Attachment With...: Win10 1909. If I receive a JPEG attached to an Outlook 2019 email I click to open it... [img] Problem is that this selection does not persist in Outlook, the next time I open a JPEG attachment I again get this selection window. The setting persists for all other...
  9. Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp: We have Adobe set as the preferred PDF handler. When using the mailapp, and trying to open an attached PDF, an error window pops up. Heading is Acrobat Reader, message is: "There was an error opening this document. The requested file operation failed because the storage...
  10. Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar: My client has Office outlook 2007 installed on his laptop running Windows 10. Upon receipt of an email the attachment goes to his calendar. Up until 7 days ago he was able to open the attachment/appointment directly from his calendar. The attachment/appointment is a .pdf...