Windows 10: Unable to open Calendar in Outlook

Discus and support Unable to open Calendar in Outlook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since a recent update I have been unable to open any of the other Apps in Outlook when using Edge. I cannot access Calendar, People, One Drive etc. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Talaman1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Talaman1 Win User

Unable to open Calendar in Outlook

Since a recent update I have been unable to open any of the other Apps in Outlook when using Edge. I cannot access Calendar, People, One Drive etc. Any links in the emails will not open which was never a problem before the update. If I switch to IE there is no problem with apps or links.

Any suggestions how to cure this problem in Edge?

:)

Talaman1, Sep 10, 2019
  2. bcloonan Win User

Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

My client has Office outlook 2007 installed on his laptop running Windows 10. Upon receipt of an email the attachment goes to his calendar. Up until 7 days ago he was able to open the attachment/appointment directly from his calendar. The attachment/appointment is a .pdf file...I clicked on the attachment and a splash screen came up telling me he had to have "outlook" installed in order to view this file. Outlook is installed on the laptop! I was unable to open the file. He has outlook installed as well as Acrobat Reader XI. I tried right clicking on the file and received negative results. The problem just began appearing this week.
    He receives emails for his job...the supervisor invites him to accept the appointment or not. He accepts the appointment but then is unable to open the appointment/attachment.
    I recommended he download MS Office 365 which is what I have done, installing it on my Windows box and my Mac Mini. Not sure how to help him at this point.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers and beers!!
    Bill Cloonan

bcloonan, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Steve Fan Win User
    Can I add google calendar to outlook without synching/downloading gmail eMails?

Not sure whether you want to achieve this via macros, but without using macros, you can try subscribing to your Google calendar in Outlook. See:

See your Google Calendar in Outlook

Update:

1. Log in to your Google Calendar account.
    2. In the left column, click My calendars to expand it, click the arrow button next to the calendar that you want to add to Outlook as an Internet Calendar Subscription, and then select Settings and sharing.

Unable to open Calendar in Outlook x1812.jpg

1. In the opened page, scroll down to the "Integrate calendar" heading. Find the "Public address in iCal format" line.
    2. Copy the URL which is the .ics URL you need to enter in Outlook.
    3. Next steps in Outlook should be the same as it mentioned in the article I mentioned above.

Unable to open Calendar in Outlook z4arZ.jpg

Steve Fan, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to open Calendar in Outlook :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to open Calendar in Outlook - Similar Threads - Unable open Calendar

2. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Calendar: I read an article that stated that the calendar would be replaced with the Outlook Calendar in Windows 11. My laptop does not have Windows 11 on it but it switched from the original calendar application to the Outlook Calendar. How do I switch it back?...
  3. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  4. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  5. calendar on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    calendar on outlook: why you push people to use outlook calender? its not good, its suck, how to still use the old calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-on-outlook/a85880d3-1f7f-4d58-bd6f-0f712b90f793
  6. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Calendar: How can I sync my microsoft 365 Outlook Calendar with my Samsung G7 phone calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/e8eabcdf-8460-4629-a29b-8196b995f719
  7. Outlook Calendar

Outlook Calendar: I am unable to see the Jewish holidays on my Outlook calendar. I have done the below and it does not work. Please assist me. Thanks, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Add holidays to your calendar in Outlook for Windows Click File > Options > Calendar. Under...
  8. Outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook calendar: How do I delete an appointment on my Outlook calendar? For some reason, I am now unable to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/3c6c4c2a-3c55-4139-a34b-143f6f25ca2b
  9. Outlook Calendar

Outlook Calendar: when I change my font style in outlook calendar, as soon as I step away, but calendar defaults back to another style? Why does the changed style not stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/5eba0318-53da-4805-8282-95f68621e1c2
  10. Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar: My client has Office outlook 2007 installed on his laptop running Windows 10. Upon receipt of an email the attachment goes to his calendar. Up until 7 days ago he was able to open the attachment/appointment directly from his calendar. The attachment/appointment is a .pdf...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open calendar from add calendar