Windows 10: Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages

Discus and support Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am having some issues with my windows 10 computer. I do not know the root cause for this issue. It seems to have started after a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesHarrison_0799, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages

Hello,

I am having some issues with my windows 10 computer. I do not know the root cause for this issue. It seems to have started after a system restart. No software, to my knowladge, was installed before the restart.

I am unable to open apps such as Task Manager and CMD with Administrator. Spotify won't load either, this is the only app i have that has been installed from the microsoft store.

I also use lightshot and displayfusion and they don't load on startup.

Other apps like Discord and Google Chrome load just fine.

The following images show the error messages.

Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages d0f83d5a-30e3-4d97-8846-96f934eafb60?upload=true.png

Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages 77637de7-e0a2-4cfa-8a72-e0998da7cf2a?upload=true.png

I have uni coursework due tomorrow so Id really like to resolve this quickly. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

:)

JamesHarrison_0799, Apr 2, 2020

2. windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 2, 2020
  3. windows live family safety doesn't work message in Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Then try to check if you find the option by right clicking on any app.

Hope the information helps.

Nachappa C K, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages

1. Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages - Similar Threads - Unable Open Certain

2. Black Screen, task manager not opening, error messages!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen, task manager not opening, error messages!: Hello, my boyfriends computer has a black screen when we log inti his windows. The mouse is still there and when this happened before I was able to open the task manager the issue eventual resolved itself but now I am even unable to open task manager. When booted into safe...
  3. Black Screen, task manager not opening, error messages!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen, task manager not opening, error messages!: Hello, my boyfriends computer has a black screen when we log inti his windows. The mouse is still there and when this happened before I was able to open the task manager the issue eventual resolved itself but now I am even unable to open task manager. When booted into safe...
  4. I can't open task manager and cmd

I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  5. Task Manager unable to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager unable to open.: Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a...
  6. Task Manager unable to open.

Task Manager unable to open.: Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a...
  7. Task Manager unable to open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  9. I can't open task manager and cmd

I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  10. Can't open anything including task manager

Can't open anything including task manager: I should start by saying that this started when I restarted to update my graphics driver When I log in, I can't click on anything on my taskbar. the start menu opens, but nothing on it works either. windows key + R openes the little input box, but won't actually run...