Windows 10: Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

Discus and support Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to 1909 some executable programs will not open. I click them and get zero response - this happens even if I try to run as administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tinypapertiger, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

After updating to 1909 some executable programs will not open. I click them and get zero response - this happens even if I try to run as administrator. Two affected programs are Adobe acrobat and Steam plus all games in steam. I am unable to uninstall steam since when I click uninstall it doesn't pop up. For adobe, I have been able to uninstall and reinstall, but I still can't open anything unless I open a file in chrome and it works in chrome but not as it's own program.

Other executable programs work such as: all Microsoft office programs word/execl, paint, notepad, browsers, etc.

I just can't figure out what the root cause between adobe/steam not opening would be. I have also tried running in safe mode and that did not work either.

:)

tinypapertiger, Feb 13, 2020
  2. mandala Win User

Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu

Thanks for your replies guys. I am now able to file the FileTypesMan when I do a search in the Start Menu, however, the app is not displayed in the Start Menu alphabetical list. Why is that?

Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909 [​IMG]

Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909 [​IMG]

mandala, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

1. Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909 - Similar Threads - Unable open certain

2. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  3. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  4. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain windows programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain windows programs not opening: No apps opening that ive downloaded online, and certain windows programs are not opening, i think it might be an issue with Java but ive tried to repair it and its still not fixed. Discord and my browsers work....
  6. Unable to open a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open a program: Hello, I am having problems with running as administrator. I am the only user on my computer. Its a admin account. When I go to run a programany program, when I right click, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. What do i do? [Original Title: Administrator]...
  7. Renew the SA originally purchased under EA program under Open Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Renew the SA originally purchased under EA program under Open Program: Hi team, Please suggest - Is it possible to renew the software assurance currently purchased and active under EA program with Open program. There is a customer who is currently having an active software assurance under Enterprise Agreement. The customer has reached out to...
  8. Windows not opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not opening certain programs: My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs...
  9. Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space: Was working on a friend's laptop. He has an HP Stream Laptop, 32 GB drive capacity. It's in really bad shape as a whole. No disk space available whatsoever, no where to get it, and no evidence of malware or apps taking up the space on his drive. Checked all the file locations...
  10. Certain programs won't open in Windows 10 1909 November update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs won't open in Windows 10 1909 November update: Good evening, I have recently built a new computer, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 1909 on it, and I certain programs that worked before are not working anymore. One of them is Tableau Desktop. I try opening it, and the process gets killed instantaneously. I have...