Windows 10: Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop

Discus and support Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VaiMan, Sep 26, 2020.

1. VaiMan Win User

Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon a problem.

I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately but sometimes it stays there for a second giving me an error message saying: ERROR: ACCESS DENIED.

Also right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the same error appears.

The same thing goes for when I try opening my sound settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner. When I right-click on the speaker icon and select the "Open sound settings" option, the command prompt opens up and behaves the same way.

I need help!

:)

VaiMan, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. mandala Win User
    Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu

Thanks for your replies guys. I am now able to file the FileTypesMan when I do a search in the Start Menu, however, the app is not displayed in the Start Menu alphabetical list. Why is that?

Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop [​IMG]

Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop [​IMG]

mandala, Sep 26, 2020
  4. VaiMan Win User

Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop

I recently stumbled upon a problem.

I can't use specific settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately, but sometimes it stays
    there for a second giving me an error message saying: ERROR: ACCESS DENIED.

Also right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the same error appears.

The same thing goes for when I try opening my sound settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner. When I right-click on the speaker icon and select the "Open sound settings" option, the command prompt opens up and behaves the
    same way.

I need help!

VaiMan, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop - Similar Threads - Unable open certain

2. right click menu glitch on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click menu glitch on the desktop: so when i right click on the desktop and the menu pops up it has a scroll bar for some reason and when i try to scroll it glitches and the desktop refreshes....
  3. right click menu glitch on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click menu glitch on the desktop: so when i right click on the desktop and the menu pops up it has a scroll bar for some reason and when i try to scroll it glitches and the desktop refreshes....
  4. Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.: Hi, I am unable to open Personalization, Display Settings from desktop on right click. A small command window pops up and disappears after clicking on either options. I can access personalization and display settings from the settings app but cannot access from desktop. Same...
  5. Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop

Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop: I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use specific settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately, but...
  6. Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item

Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item: After the latest feature update to my Win 10, if I right click on any desktop icon and try and open the app with the Open command, there is no response. I can still open the app with a double mouse click. Some setting seems to have changed with the upgrade?...
  7. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...: Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and...
  8. Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro and was wondering if there is any way to add the option to create a shortcut directly on the desktop instead of the folder that the original .exe file is in? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/PricyThunder87 [link] [comments]...
  9. Desktop right-click menu does not work

Desktop right-click menu does not work: When I right-click on the desktop, the cursor changes to a spinning icon, but I never get a menu to pop up. Right-click works everywhere else, just not on the desktop. Is is a brand new computer with Windows 10 installed. What might be wrong?...
  10. Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop: Okay, this is a weird one, I can right click on files if they are in a folder, or even folder view, but if the files is an image file *.jpg, *.png, etc... I am unable to do a right click on it. Sometimes I can see the menu pop up, but then it disappears almost as quick as it...