Windows 10: Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

Discus and support Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lundgren_, May 30, 2020.

1. Lundgren_ Win User

Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon a problem.

I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately but sometimes it stays there for a second giving me an error message saying: ERROR: ACCESS DENIED.

The same thing goes for when I try opening my sound settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner. When I right-click on the speaker icon and select the "Open sound settings" option, the command prompt opens up and behaves the same way. Sometimes it opens and closes immediately and sometimes it stays there for a second telling me that error message I mentioned above.

I need help!

:)

Lundgren_, May 30, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 30, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

Unable to open start menu or right click pinned items on taskbar.

I just installed Windows 10 and I am unable to open my start menu, and right click on pinned items on my taskbar doesn't do anything. I can left click to open them however.

Name is Taken, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

1. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and... - Similar Threads - Unable open certain

2. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  3. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  4. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  5. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" in desktop: Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes...
  6. Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open certain settings using the “right-click menu” in desktop: I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use specific settings on Windows such as right-clicking in my desktop and clicking the "Personalize" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and closes immediately, but...
  7. Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings: This also applies to the sound settings as well when I try to access it by right clicking the speaker icon. Any idea how to fix this? I've only found one solution so far and that's for me to create a new user account and delete the one that I currently have, but I don't want...
  8. Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item

Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item: After the latest feature update to my Win 10, if I right click on any desktop icon and try and open the app with the Open command, there is no response. I can still open the app with a double mouse click. Some setting seems to have changed with the upgrade?...
  9. Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar: While setting up window can still be opened from the start menu, these setting up options that show up after right click on task bar including language bar setup, task bar setup and internet setup have somehow stopped working. Any solution?...
  10. Right click does not open menu properly

Right click does not open menu properly: I have a window server 2016. when I right click on an icon or on the desk top, the menu sometimes opens with only a couple of items, sometimes it is only a vertical line, sometimes it is a blank box. any suggestion? thank you...