Windows 10: unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362

Discus and support unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to access or create new com port since replacing defective motherboard. Same install of OS as before. Activated with MS permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kirkabyRR, Oct 16, 2019.

1. kirkabyRR Win User

unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362

I am unable to access or create new com port since replacing defective motherboard. Same install of OS as before. Activated with MS permission. According to the guide for my device that is computer controlled, upon plugging in the USB cable (from the powered device), the computer will recognize the USB port as a COM port. This does not happen.

I will very much appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

:)

kirkabyRR, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Fix for computer slowdown after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

What is the fix for computer slowdown after upgrading to Windows 10 Version
    10.0.18362 Build 18362?

RonaldSarka, Oct 16, 2019
  4. unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362

USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on
    a laptop and it works OK. I've gone through the HP process of adding in the printer drivers and then switching on the printer and it still can't be discovered. Its an old printer, about 12 years old, but I think it should still work. Any suggestions?

JamesStones, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362

1. unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362 - Similar Threads - unable open com

2. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  3. Open com ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open com ports: I just purchased a Microsoft Surface To Go 2 and the program that I have installed asks the following to be done. 1. Open com ports. It says that windows 10 uses 2 com ports for bluetooth. 2. Set power option to "high performance". I need help in accomplishing this....
  4. Cannot open the com port

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open the com port: I am using the program STM32Flasher from this link: FLASHER-STM32 - STM32 Flash loader demonstrator (UM0462) (replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer) - STMicroelectronics When I run it, it correctly finds the only used com port. But when I click Next, I always get the error "cannot...
  5. Windows 10 - Where are the COM ports? Are there no COM ports anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Where are the COM ports? Are there no COM ports anymore?: I've gone the following way: Device Manager -> Universal Serial Bus controllers -> Action -> Add legacy hardware -> Next -> Add hardware -> tried both options, neither works -> Completing the Add Hardware Tool using Microsoft So where do I go next to get the correct...
  6. Can't Open Com Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Open Com Port: I am running into an issue with multiple hardware devices and multiple applications when I try to connect to a USB device, Like a USB to serial converter, applications show com port in use or can't open com port, the work around I have found is to connect to the devices...
  7. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  8. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  9. Unable to install virtual com ports.

Unable to install virtual com ports.: Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device Manager list. The specific software is SiliconLabs Dual CP210XUSB to UART Bridge Enhanced COM PORT. The SiliconLabs links...
  10. Unable to install virtual com ports.

Unable to install virtual com ports.: Unable to install driver for virtual com ports. The installer says that the installation was successful but the comports do not appear in the Device Manager list. The specific software is SiliconLabs Dual CP210XUSB to UART Bridge Enhanced COM PORT. The SiliconLabs links...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open port windows 10