Windows 10: Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone I'm having a problem when I attempt to open my Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10. I'm unable to enter my admin username... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gary G. J, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Gary G. J Win User

Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem when I attempt to open my Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10. I'm unable to enter my admin username and password. It saysTo continue, enter an admin user name and password, but then under that there are no entry prompts for the same, just a blank space!

This problem may sound a bit weird but I'll really be obliged if someone can help me out with this.

Thank you very much

:)

Gary G. J, Jul 3, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jul 3, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable open Command

2. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  3. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  4. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open command prompt: Hi everyone, I have been unable to open command prompt for past week or so (not sure when exactly it started). I am using Windows 10 version 1909 (I have all Windows updates installed). I have read somewhere that the issue might be that the user file got corrupted and as a...
  6. Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10: I had a problem opening command prompt in Windows 10. When I used Win+R and typing in cmd, the command prompt opened for a brief moment and the closed again. I found the culprit causing this on my PC, it was a malware/spyware program called soundmixer.exe. If you have...
  7. Unable to open settings and command prompt windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open settings and command prompt windows: Hello! my issue is started when I deleted some files in folder 'c'. Then all things go worst. Now I am not able to open settings and I am not able to run command prompt windows Please give the support from your side to me as soon as possible Thank you!...
  8. Command Prompt Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  9. Open Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without...
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415