Windows 10: unable to open directx

Discus and support unable to open directx in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to get rid of localbridge error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnNeyts, Apr 6, 2020.

1. JohnNeyts Win User

unable to open directx

Trying to get rid of localbridge error message

:)

JohnNeyts, Apr 6, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 6, 2020
  3. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

unable to open directx

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

unable to open directx

1. unable to open directx - Similar Threads - unable open directx

2. DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX: I have DirectX 12 and I can't play Valorant, I've looked everywhere to try find out how to download DirectX 11 so I can play but I sadly haven't found anything.. When I try and press play a popup comes u and it says, DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine. But...
  3. DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX: I have DirectX 12 and I can't play Valorant, I've looked everywhere to try find out how to download DirectX 11 so I can play but I sadly haven't found anything.. When I try and press play a popup comes u and it says, DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine. But...
  4. Directx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx: Hey ya'll, I've been trying to download an old computer game on my new windows 11 computer. The game is a cd rom game, and I have been using my external hard drive to connect it. My computer that is around 3ish years old was able to download this old game correctly and I can...
  5. Directx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx: Hey ya'll, I've been trying to download an old computer game on my new windows 11 computer. The game is a cd rom game, and I have been using my external hard drive to connect it. My computer that is around 3ish years old was able to download this old game correctly and I can...
  6. DirectX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX: When I go to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool on my pc and go into the system tab it shows DirectX Version 12, yet when I go into Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel it shows DirtectX version 10.1. I cannot play any games that require DirectX version 11 or higher, Is there a...
  7. Unable to select DirectX option in games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to select DirectX option in games.: Hi, i wanted to switch from OpenGL to DirectX in games, So i installed DirectX 12 which i finded from Dxdiag. so now when i go to my game settings, i can't select the DirectX option. Please help me fix this. I'm using windows 10 Pro RAM - 4GB Image:...
  8. DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers.

DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers.: Hello, I'm just bought a new PC with DX 12 on it and i am unable too install older version of DX too play older games I've searched for 3 days straight now and cannot find anything that works, I've deleted and installed files in System32 tried some dodgy YouTube guides and...
  9. Unable to install DirectX

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install DirectX: Recently I have purchased a new laptop to play games. I have to run the DXsetup program for some games that I usually play. But I cannot install it because of the message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  10. DirectX

DirectX: i have directx 12 and i need to go back to directx 11 because my laptop tells me that directx 11 is not responding as im trying to play F1 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/directx/c78dacec-7154-4326-ac57-28168c31b0b1