Windows 10: unable to open Edge or settings

Discus and support unable to open Edge or settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tried to open the old version of edge, will not open. Have tried to open settings to check on downloads but settings screen comes up as if loading then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vibera99, Sep 9, 2020.

1. vibera99 Win User

unable to open Edge or settings

Tried to open the old version of edge, will not open. Have tried to open settings to check on downloads but settings screen comes up as if loading then just closes down. Tried to repair W10 but it says it cannot determine if i have enough space though i have lots of space.

Any ideas?

:)

vibera99, Sep 9, 2020

2. Unable to set up Google as default search engine in Windows Edge

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to set Google as default search engine. Here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 9, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 9, 2020
  4. unable to open Edge or settings

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

unable to open Edge or settings

1. unable to open Edge or settings - Similar Threads - unable open Edge

2. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  3. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  4. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open settings: A short while ago I downloaded an update onto my surface pro 5 running windows 10 and since then I cannot open the settings menu. When I click on the settings icon and wait and wait and eventually a blank red screen appears but no menu. Also the outlook email app is now so...
  6. unable to open settings..

unable to open settings..: hi guys, My new lenovo laptop it was windows10 pro....i am unable to open settings ..please provide the solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings/37ddbdd9-3e77-425a-b1a4-5418bc6afaf3
  7. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  8. Settings unable to open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings unable to open: I went on my computer this morning, and i tried to access the settings but when the app opens, it instantly closes, it also does this for forza horizon 4, i have been told that it is because the PC is performing an update but if anyone could confirm this, would be greatly...
  9. Unable to open settings

Unable to open settings: Hi, I'm running Windows 17763.253, I've tried many methods like reinstalling the Windows Store but I am unable to open my settings, display or personalization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings/2c80ffa2-78cc-4109-8280-60e144d1e488
  10. Unable to open Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Edge: I installed Bitdefender Anti Virus and removed McAfee Total Security. When I try to open Edge the blue screen comes on with the Edge symbol then does not open but goes back to previous screen., Very frustrating and Bitdefender has not come up with a solution. 74352