Windows 10: Unable to open File explorer

Discus and support Unable to open File explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I put my lap sleep about 2 hours and after that i log in to my Laptop tried to open file explorer but it loads for 2 seconds and blinks screenMonitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SapthaRishi, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Unable to open File explorer

I put my lap sleep about 2 hours and after that i log in to my Laptop tried to open file explorer but it loads for 2 seconds and blinks screenMonitor like refresh. Then I check the windows update it downloded a cumulative update and after restarting I tried to open file explorer I faced the same issue. How to fix this

:)

SapthaRishi, Oct 14, 2020

2. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 14, 2020
  3. RSC2019 Win User
    Unable to Open File Explorer

Dear Team,

I am unable to open file explorer or any other folders on my windows 10 desktop. I tried almost all the methods suggested in the online search results but nothing.

When i click on any folder or File Explorer icon on task bar, it just dosent give any response at all. As if its a dead file.

Please help as my entire work is in these folders.

Awaiting response.

Regards

RSC

RSC2019, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Unable to open File explorer

File Explorer won't open?

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access file explorer after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might occur, when some of the system files got corrupted.

Perform the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the
    System File checker (SFC) scan to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt.
    • In the Command Prompt type the following command:
      sfc/scannow and press Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open File explorer

1. Unable to open File explorer - Similar Threads - Unable open File

2. Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB: When I had Windows 8.1, all I had to do to look at a picture to verify if it was good enough for downloading from my USB connected camera point & shoot was to open it in File Explorer by double clicking it, and it would open whatever Microsoft photos app that was a default on...
  3. Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB: When I had Windows 8.1, all I had to do to look at a picture to verify if it was good enough for downloading from my USB connected camera point & shoot was to open it in File Explorer by double clicking it, and it would open whatever Microsoft photos app that was a default on...
  4. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  5. file explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  6. unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer: Dear Team,i am trying to open word file from file explorer in windows 10 pro 21h1 then windows file explorer stops responding.Best RegardsAqib https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-microsoft-word-file-from-file/cd2ab96b-1168-48be-a918-160d5be0d9e7
  7. File Explorer not opening

in Cortana
    File Explorer not opening: When I click the windows button, search bar, or file explorer on my task bar none of them open. I have tried restarting, cleaning my drive, automatic repair, and the sfc. Restarting worked once, but when I closed file explorer the issue happened again. I have tried restarting...
  8. Unable to open Office files inside file explorer

Unable to open Office files inside file explorer: I am running Windows 10. Inside file explorer, I cannot open office files word, excel, pics, etc - I CAN open PDFs. If I go into the application, word for example, I can pull the file up through browse and open it from there. I also have no preview images on pics. When I...
  9. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  10. Unable to Open File Explorer

Unable to Open File Explorer: Dear Team, I am unable to open file explorer or any other folders on my windows 10 desktop. I tried almost all the methods suggested in the online search results but nothing. When i click on any folder or File Explorer icon on task bar, it just dosent give any response at...