Windows 10: Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emily Cheng emily.cheng, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just cannot open the file link.

I've already tried setting up the default browser to Microsoft Edge or IE but it didn't work. Could anyone please help with this problem?

:)

Emily Cheng emily.cheng, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

1. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable open file

2. unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC: today I have installed new window 10pro on my PC and when I just tried to add my yahoo account and login there, it shows an error "Ox8019019a" "we're sorry, we weren't able to do that". Hence, I am facing roblem to open my mails as I do on my previous window. please guide me...
  3. unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC: today I have installed new window 10pro on my PC and when I just tried to add my yahoo account and login there, it shows an error "Ox8019019a" "we're sorry, we weren't able to do that". Hence, I am facing roblem to open my mails as I do on my previous window. please guide me...
  4. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  5. Unable to open links in Windows 10 mail app after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open links in Windows 10 mail app after update: After update I faced an issue that is specific to Firefox browser. I cannot open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail app. How to sort it out?...
  6. Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.

Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.: As the title says, i can't open any links within the mail app on windows 10. When I click on a link it says "Unable to open ' specified link address'", for example: "Unable to open mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I have tried: Rebooting my laptop...
  7. Unable to open web links on Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open web links on Windows 10 Mail: The subject line pretty much says it but upon clicking any article that comes into my mail box that I wish to view I get a window that says click or tap on the link but when I do it states it cannot open the link. This only happens on Windows 10 desktop. Android phone and...
  8. Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App

Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App: I am unable to open any links if Chrome or Firefox is set as my default browser but I am successful if Edge is the default. Any clue what might be causing this?...
  9. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...
  10. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...