Windows 10: Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive

Discus and support Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some time after I had purchased my refurbished Surface Pro IV and signed in to OneDrive, I had noticed an odd problem, which still has plagued me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacobDowner, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive

Some time after I had purchased my refurbished Surface Pro IV and signed in to OneDrive, I had noticed an odd problem, which still has plagued me for almost five months, now. I can see the files I want, but the Open button remains greyed out, nor can I double-click to open them up. How else would I be able to access them?

:)

JacobDowner, Oct 31, 2020

2. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC').

This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents' in the 'This PC' list... I used a .bat file to restore 'Documents to the correct place here, but there still appears to be an issue with Onedrive.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

LAndersonBurton, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive

OneDrive app opening Documents folder

I had checked a restore point, but unfortunately being a new laptop, there wasn't any (I'll be sure to make one before faffing around in future..!).

Solution: Once I'd used the .bat file, the Location Property option had returned. I used the Location Property settings to relocate the Documents folder into OneDrive (the first step I had done) and this reset the issues I has having, allowing me the option to move the Documents folder back to being separate (I chose not to do this in the end as having it in OneDrive meant it automatically saved via OneDrive and to the 'This PC' Documents folder.

LAndersonBurton, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive

1. Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive - Similar Threads - Unable Open Files

2. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  3. files not opening in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files not opening in documents: None of my docs XLS etc files are connected tot he app and I cannot open them - what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-opening-in-documents/2fa36e32-22d9-40d8-a6d8-f86294dbe757
  4. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app opening Documents folder: Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC'). This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents'...
  5. Unable to open in desktop app a shared OneDrive file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open in desktop app a shared OneDrive file: Hi, I have edit permissions to a set of files that someone shared with me through OneDrive. I access the files through a browser and can edit them through Office apps online. However, there are some features of Excel, for example, that you can't use in Excel online so I...
  6. Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders

Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders: Since the past two days, after having downloaded a few documents, I am unable to open them. When I right click to open, it just gets stuck and I have to close it. I have tried moving the folder onto my desktop but once I open that and try to open a document inside, it just...
  7. Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X: Evening all, I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it? [img] 152548
  8. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  9. Unable to open Word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word document: Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched multiple things to...
  10. unable to open files: OneDrive issue

unable to open files: OneDrive issue: I receive an error message when trying to open files on my desktop ( JPG, TXTand Excel): Can't open this file. Make sure OneDrive is running on your PC, then try again. What’s the matter? How am I supposed to fix it?...