Windows 10: Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Discus and support Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Evening all, I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iptsoe, Mar 19, 2020.

1. iptsoe Win User

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Evening all,

I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it?

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X [​IMG]

:)

iptsoe, Mar 19, 2020

2. grey x's and unable to open

grey x's on my documents from word, excel and PDF and I'm unable to open anything.

Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

JasoneBurt, Mar 19, 2020
  3. JOHNMAU Win User
    Grey X on all my files

I have SSHD that has a C: Users/mobil/onedrive folder and all the files pictures, word docs, pdfs, ppts etc are all grey X'ed and will not open.

I recovered the machine saving files and it did not correct the grey X's

any help would b much appreciated.

JOHNMAU, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Grey X on all my files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see a grey X on the files in the C: drive. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Upon researching, I found that it seems that the files are not being synced with OneDrive properly that is the reason you are facing this issue.

As Paulo GM mentioned, you may want to try signing in to OneDrive on your computer and see if that resolves the issue. For more information, see

Fix OneDrive sync problems

I would also suggest you to login to onedrive.live.com and check if the files are present on the OneDrive website.

However, let me help to point you in the right direction for support related to OneDrive issues. We do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive
    support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X - Similar Threads - Unable open Files

2. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  3. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  4. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. grey x on files

grey x on files: Hi Everyone, I have only recently got grey x across most of my files, both on the computer in my documents and in the backup on onedrive. The only way I now seem to be able to access these files is by logging in to onedrive through my web browser. Any iseas how to resolve...
  6. Can't open files images and videos with a grey X

Can't open files images and videos with a grey X: I can't open some videos and photos because there is a grey X on them. When i try to open them i dont get any error message and nothing happens. Here you have a screeshot of what it looks like: [ATTACH]...
  7. Grey X on files

Grey X on files: I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same files are accessible on the web Dropbox.. Please help...
  8. Grey X on file

Grey X on file: Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-on-file/bc824301-d005-47a6-99e4-83e86c1f8083
  9. Grey X's on Windows file icons issue with onedrive files cannot be opened

Grey X's on Windows file icons issue with onedrive files cannot be opened: Hey there, I have had grey x's come up on all file icons where those files if I attempt to open only come back as an error while trying to open the file. This may have happened when files that I had on the laptop were synced with one drive, I deleted one drive while still...
  10. grey x's and unable to open

grey x's and unable to open: grey x's on my documents from word, excel and PDF and I'm unable to open anything. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-xs-and-unable-to-open/d5b25658-fb8b-4099-a0dc-af8a19c2c79a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gray x on onedrive files

2. onedrive folder gray x

3. onedrive grey x

4. gray ex on onedrive files,
  5. GREY X ON ONE DRIVE FILES ON PC,
  6. x on files in onedrive,
  7. unable to open file c:\users\ in D ax 2009,
  8. unable to open pdr files in one drive,
  9. onedrive files with an x,
  10. one drive documents has a grey x by it,
  11. onedrive with an x on files,