Windows 10: Unable to open files on thumb drive

Discus and support Unable to open files on thumb drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I could sure use some help. I am unable to open files on thumb drives. I can see them, however, when I attempt to open with internet explorer, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ghost15, Jun 22, 2020.

1. ghost15 Win User

Unable to open files on thumb drive

I could sure use some help. I am unable to open files on thumb drives. I can see them, however, when I attempt to open with internet explorer, I get "What do you want to do with xxxxxxx file". I click on "open" and get screen that says "view and track your downloads", however, nothing will open from there.

:)

ghost15, Jun 22, 2020

2. OPEN A THUMB DRIVE IN WINDOWS 10????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to access or open the thumb drive through File explorer now?
    • If yes What issue are you exactly facing?

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2020
  3. OPEN A THUMB DRIVE IN WINDOWS 10????

I can't open my thumb drive file when plug in to the usb hub. No pop-up or anything detect!!!! Even go to PC my computer file cannot see the list or having this device!!!

Daniel Ong Koon Bieu, Jun 22, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Transfer a file to a thumb drive

Hi Michael,

Connect the USB Thumb drive

Right click the file you want to transfer and click 'Send to' - flash drive (that drive should be bottom of he 'Send to' list . . .

DaveM121, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to open files on thumb drive - Similar Threads - Unable open files

2. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  3. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  4. How to save exe files to thumb drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to save exe files to thumb drives: I need to reinstall windows 10 in my hp notebook laptop and want to save files to reinstall afterwards. I have tried that before but never had any luck. There was always something missing that prevented the programs from installing. What am I doing wrong? 145278
  5. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  6. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Copying music files to a thumb drive: I have downloaded music from googles music site, using their google player app on my MS Surface Book 2. Now I would like to copy these music files to a thumb drive so I can play them in my car. I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help me, would be most...
  7. Unable to open files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to open files on flash drive: I recently purchased a new computer and when I attempt to open any of the files from a flash drive, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect" 127716
  8. OPEN ALL PAGES FROM THUMB DRIVE FILES

OPEN ALL PAGES FROM THUMB DRIVE FILES: I HAVE FILES ON THUMB DRIVES THAT WILL ONLY OPEN PAGE 1 IN MY COMPUTER. HOW DO I ACCESS THE REMAINING PAGES? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-all-pages-from-thumb-drive-files/4700cda1-9f54-40d7-be1b-040726fdaa46
  9. Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail

Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail: Whenever I open an avchd file in Windows Media Player, it first opens it in a little display that's about an inch and a half square. They used to open larger and, if I wanted full screen, I could click on the little box and get that. I don't have any idea in the world how it...
  10. thumb drives

thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165