Windows 10: Unable to open files that have been downloaded.

Discus and support Unable to open files that have been downloaded. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Files are downloaded. When I try to open the file simply copies title to another line. Try to open that one and the same thing happens, What am I doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryMcIntosh1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Unable to open files that have been downloaded.

Files are downloaded. When I try to open the file simply copies title to another line. Try to open that one and the same thing happens, What am I doing wrong and how do I open file. Thank you

:)

JerryMcIntosh1, Jul 11, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 11, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

Unable to open files that have been downloaded.

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Unable to open files that have been downloaded. [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open files that have been downloaded.

1. Unable to open files that have been downloaded. - Similar Threads - Unable open files

2. unable to open downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open downloads: I can't open the downloads.I received a message and tried to download and read and find I can't? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-downloads/9f1ad6b3-18f2-4d05-b929-84160fac4226
  3. unable to open downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open downloads: I can't open the downloads.I received a message and tried to download and read and find I can't? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-downloads/9f1ad6b3-18f2-4d05-b929-84160fac4226
  4. unable to open downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to download and open files from the internet

Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  6. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  7. Haven't been able to download windows updates in months and have been unable to download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Haven't been able to download windows updates in months and have been unable to download...: Whenever i try to download window updates, i get these 2 error codes 0x800f0805 0x800703f9 If anyone can find the solution i will literally paypal you $20 im so frustrated submitted by /u/sucadico [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to open downloaded files

Unable to open downloaded files: Suddenly today I am unable to open any downloaded item. I get the message: Windows cannot find 'C:\users....jpg'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. Any ideas?...
  9. unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

unable to open any downloads like PDF files.: I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college student and I need some files to open in order for me to do my work. I tried searching in setting if there was anything that...
  10. Unable to open downloaded Zip Files

Unable to open downloaded Zip Files: Hi all, I recently installed windows 10 on the computer. However, when I download a folder from One Drive web onto my desktop - I am unable to open the file. The error shown is that it is unable to track the location of the Zip folder as per the current location. Please...